"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
You have my thoughts and prayers. Im really glad to hear he's doing fine. There's nothing that chokes me up more when it comes to baby's.

Old 01-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Dina, I (we - DH and I) will keep the poor, sweet little one in my heart and thoughts. May he pull through and grown up to live a long and healthy life, thanks to the miraculous gift of a new heart.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Once again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Baby Jaime, his family, doctors, etc. The latest on the baby is that they are still puzzled about what is going on with him...biopsies are being sent to rule out rejection of the new heart. Beyond that, there are no clear answers. ECMO has again been put on hold as the doctors feel that things are stable for now. We are all standing by. Please keep praying and holding this miracle baby and his family in your thoughts. I will continue to update as I hear from them through the Carepages.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #24
Master Chef

You got it,Dina!!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

I will be thinking of your friends, Dina.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Will keep praying Dina..

kadesma
Old 01-27-2006, 08:28 PM   #27
Head Chef

On the way Dina - and cyber-hugs as well.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Thank you all so very much for your support and prayers. Baby Jaime was put on ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) to help his new heart and body rest a few days. There is chance of infection, bleeding, stroke, etc. I trust God is holding on to this sweet, innocent baby and will get him through all this. I will post more soon.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #29
Executive Chef

We will keep thinking of Jaime. It just breaks by heart that such a young boy would have to go through this, but he sounds like a fighter! Hopefully his new heart will see him through a long, happy life.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Lil Jaime did very well last night. According to all the docs, he is doing all of the things he needs to in order to get off of ECMO. His heart is doing some of the work and this is encouraging. It is beating consistently and in a very strong fashion. Plans are to tune the machine down late tonite or early am. Docs will see how he does and this will indicate if he is ready. Doctor Bichell feels like his heart should be ready considering his heart was just borderline when he went on ECMO.

There's a question about brain injury during the episodes of Friday when Jaime had an unexpected high fever. Dr. Bichell pointed out that all of the indicators point to little or no injury. Of course nobody is 100% sure but he has good info that everything is ok. First and foremost, Jaime's kidneys continue to work great. Second, his lactate levels during the event went up to about 4 then crept back down almost immediately to .9 something. He also pointed out that Jaime was not cheated out of O2 for any extended period of time. He did say that high fevers can cause brain injury and Jaime did have a doozey. But he has had them before and did well so we expect this will be the case.

Thank you for your continued prayers for this family and the donor family.