I'm requesting prayers for my baby friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
I'm requesting prayers for my friend's 1 year old baby who's been in the hospital since he was born due to a diseased heart. I got news today that they have found a heart and transplant surgery will take place tonight. I ask for your prayers for this little baby's health. Today has got to be one of the toughest but most awaited moments for my friend and her family. Please pray for the surgeons, nurses, tech, etc to guide them and restore health to this little one. Thank you all so much.

Oh, Dina!! How very sad for such an innocent little baby to go through something this big. My prayers are being sent at this minute. Like Charlie has asked, I would like his name too.

Little One.....
img_219112_0_be490ee5e4dc00a560ab8cded756dea6.jpg

I will be thinking of them non stop. Please let us know how the surgery goes as soon as you know.

His name is Jaime Longoria. His new heart is on its way to the hospital in Chicago and should arrive within 3 hours. Surgeons have begun the first incisions on baby Jaime. It's going to be a long night for all of them. Thank you all so much and please continue to pray for him.

Dina,

I had been wondering how Jaime was doing. I am thankful that they have found him a new heart. I pray that the surgery goes well, that his body accepts the new heart, and that he lives a long and healthy life. I also pray that his family feels at peace as he undergoing the surgery and recovery. Jaime and his family have been through so much.

Barbara

P.S. I also am thankful for the family who donated their own child's heart and I pray they are at peace knowing that his or her heart will be helping a wonderful little boy to live.

Last edited:
Dina,
Jaime has all the thoughts and prayers I can give. Such a tiny soul to go through such an ordeal..Things like this make us feel so hopeless and frustrated, that there is nothing we can do..It makes one wish, they could trade places with this precious dear little boy...Let us know how he is, when you can.

kadesma

Dearest Charlie, pdswife, MJ, TXgirl, Marge, Wasabi, GB, Barbara and Kadesma:

Thank you so very much for your prayers. The latest news so far is that the baby is doing fine. The new heart is beating like it should, according to the surgeon. Little Jaime did not even bat an eye. They are cleaning him up and taking care of some bleeding but nothing out of the ordinary. They all continue to pray in Thanksgiving. I will check on their carepage tomorrow afternoon and update you all on Little Jaime. Thanks once again for your continued prayers. Hugs to you all,

sorry i'm late, but prayers going out from here too dina. man, i'm choked up reading about this. god bless and watch out over his little soul.

That's great news Dina! I'll say another prayer or two for a speedy recovery and a very wonderful home coming.

Ohhh Dina, I am glad that Jamie pulled through the critical experience. I was also born with a heart defect, and they had to wait until I turned 5 to have an operation. It was a risky business but I was a stubborn kind of kid and I survived. The medical technology advanced in leaps and bounds from almost 30 years ago and I believe they are so much more capable of performing wonders. He has been met with such an adversity as soon as he came to the world and has risen above like a champion, he will be one tough cookie as he grows up!!:) All the best wishes and let's hope for a speedy recovery!!:heart:

That is great news. He sounds like a fighter. You can't keep someone like that down no matter how little they are. Keep us updated on his progress!

I'm so glad that he's a tough little guy! I'm sure that someone was holding his hand through it all!!
jesusandchild.gif

Prayer's are still coming!!

Back
Top Bottom