"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Master Chef

I'm sick & I'm lonely & I miss my Mom

that's my words. i miss my Mom with my love & being. i miss her. she's well, 'cept i won't quit crying. luv my Mom.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
you are never too old to miss/want your mom.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Luvs, I always miss my mom. My mom passed away two years ago, and like TAtt mentioned, you are never too old to miss/want your mom. I have pm'd you.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs
that's my words. i miss my Mom with my love & being. i miss her. she's well, 'cept i won't quit crying. luv my Mom.
luvs - it's okl to love your Mom so much you get weepy - especially when you had a liquid dinner! Sometimes just a good cry about anything helps cleans all the hurt.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
So sorry for you, luvs. I would love to relate. Never had a mom so I don't have one to miss. And actually, I do find I miss that. Just a different prespective I suppose.

Having been a mom, I do miss my children from time to time. They're big people now with their own lives so I'm delegated to "grandma" status, which is fabulous. That fills a great void.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
Master Chef

Luv's, I often miss my parents too. And certain memories, well they bring tears.

You have been through a lot. If I were in your shoes (I'd have to be really small to fit inside) uh, sorry 'bout that but I thought you could use a bit of sillines to help you smile. Anyways, I know what it's like to want to be held by a mom, to be told everything's all right, to be reassured. When I need that, I now turn to my wife. When she needs it, she usually turns to me. Sometimes she calls her mom.

We all need a mom sometimes.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Luvs.. feel better soon!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Moms are our soulmates. You should always think about and want your Mom. My Mom died four years ago. I remember daily all the wonderful times and things we did together. Memories are super. Moms are forever.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:49 PM   #9
Head Chef

Luvs: You need to dedicate a journal to your mom. Just post her a note in it everyday. Pretty soon you will be adding a little scrapbooking to it as well. You never have to give it away; it will always be yours to cherish.
Chances are that your mom is thinking about you too. You are in all her memories and there are not many things she does that does not bring back a wisp of your childhood laughter. She will dream of you in her sleep as she hears the soft patter of rain on the roof. Like a locket, you are always in her heart.
Take care sweet child.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:42 AM   #10
Master Chef

Luvs... I know how you feel sweetie.... I have been missing my mom too lately. Here is a hug for ya!!!! **HUG**

« Yahoo | Love Luvs »