I'm Sitting at Buckytom's Desk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep, it's official they are coming to KZ during January '09 when we have snowdrifts of 3 meters and the temps are minus 60..........oops sorry.....must be a Stephen King novel.....what a nightmare........yep, I'm jealous of all of you that she's visited.....I know that she's a sweetheart....you can tell by her posts...........my daugher just loved New York and she had NO $$$$$ but stayed with a friend......

yep, it's official they are coming to KZ during January '09 when we have snowdrifts of 3 meters and the temps are minus 60..........oops sorry.....must be a Stephen King novel.....what a nightmare........yep, I'm jealous of all of you that she's visited.....I know that she's a sweetheart....you can tell by her posts...........my daugher just loved New York and she had NO $$$$$ but stayed with a friend......

Actually, they told me that after they left NYC, they were going up to Bangor, Maine.
Is that where KZ is?
:LOL:

Ok... where is the pics to prove it???????? I love BT... always the wise a... um, well, you know!!!

Not only did we get to meet Buckytom, but one of his co-workers is actually a DC member (although he hasn't posted yet), so we met Bucktom and HunkyDorey (whose name is also Tom). He was a really interesting person to talk to. He has traveled all over the U.S., Japan, and I think other places. We talked about his interest in all kinds of foods today.

The pictures are of Buckytom, James, and me, and there is one of Buckytom and Hunkydorey. There are 3 of James at the sports desk and one of me. Mine looks dumb because I was talking as James took it (I was acting like I was going to hit a button). Buckytom was worried that we might be bored as he showed us around CBS, but we were both totally fascinated with everything! He said I'm the only one who took pictures of the equipment. :cool: Seeing where BT works was great, but talking with him was the best part.

We also got to see more pictures of BT's adorable son and of his beautiful wife.

We also saw Andy Rooney, just after we arrived. Didn't get a picture though.

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Buckytom 1.jpg
    Buckytom 1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Buckytom 2.jpg
    Buckytom 2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Buckytom 3.jpg
    Buckytom 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Buckytom 4.jpg
    Buckytom 4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 188
  • Buckytom 5.jpg
    Buckytom 5.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Buckytom 6.jpg
    Buckytom 6.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Buckytom 7.jpg
    Buckytom 7.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 167
  • Buckytom 8.jpg
    Buckytom 8.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 171
  • CBS NY James.jpg
    CBS NY James.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 151
  • CBS NY James 2.jpg
    CBS NY James 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 175
  • CBS NY Barbara.jpg
    CBS NY Barbara.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 188
  • CBS NY James 3.jpg
    CBS NY James 3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 164
Ok... where is the pics to prove it???????? I love BT... always the wise a... um, well, you know!!!
LOL I couldn't remember HunkyDorey's name, so I was looking it up as you posted this! I didn't want to post the pictures until I remembered his name! Here are some more.

They are of us all saying goodbye. There is one that I took holding the camera toward all of us. You can see BT and James, and on the right you can see one of my eyes, my nose, and half of my mouth! lol The last picture was one that fascinated me--all the wires that go to goodness knows what!

Thanks again Buckytom for the great tour, and especially for the great conversation! And please tell Tom D. that we really enjoyed our conversation with him as well.

Attachments

• Buckytom and James.jpg
    Buckytom and James.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 157
  • Buckytom and James 2.jpg
    Buckytom and James 2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 175
  • Buckytom and Barbara 1.jpg
    Buckytom and Barbara 1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 171
  • Buckytom, James, and Barbara.jpg
    Buckytom, James, and Barbara.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 159
  • CBS NY--9-2-08--20.jpg
    CBS NY--9-2-08--20.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 169
Oh, I almost forgot, there is one more picture! This one is for kitchenelf. This is James getting back at BT for the punch that kitchenelf delivered for BT a few months ago! LOL You can see how realistic this punch is! :angel::mrgreen:

Attachments

• James Punching Buckytom back.jpg
    James Punching Buckytom back.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 172
Oh, I almost forgot, there is one more picture! This one is for kitchenelf. This is James getting back at BT for the punch that kitchenelf delivered for BT a few months ago! LOL You can see how realistic this punch is! :angel::mrgreen:

so realistic! fer shame elf, fer SHAME!!:LOL:

Excellent photos, Barbara and James - thanks for posting them!

Gee, I wonder whose computer monitor that was with the Simpson stickers and DC on the screen? :)

Lee

Great - one of the people I would like to meet in person. Is he as funny in person??
I forgot to answer this--Yes he is, but that is only one side of his personality.

Buckytom, you may not want to hear this......but you really look like a nice guy...........
I'm going to get very serious now (I'm seriously tearing up right now!) and tell you that he truly is one of the nicest people we have ever met. He is funny, as you all know, and everyone knows how much he loves his family and what a good dad he is, but he is truly one of the world's nice guys, and I'm not sure he really knows that! Believe it or not, he is also very humble, and he has a deep appreciation for life and for the people in his life. In addition to being a good husband and dad, he is also a good brother and son. I feel (and hope) we have gained a life-long friend in Buckytom. Okay, the mush is getting too deep for me--I'd better stop now!

LOL I knew it before too, but if you ever get the chance to talk with BT in person, take it! You'll see it even more then. And don't worry, I wont tell him! :mrgreen:

looks like you had a truly "unique" New York experience! Anyone can go to the top of the Empire State.... not everyone can get an insider tour of CBS! :D

I got some cool pictures too! Tons of equipment that really fascinated me, a "Green Room," door of an "Insider Edition" dressing room, etc. Pictures that some people would think were just goofy to take, but I think they were neat. And I snuck as many of BT (who, although extremely photogenic, hates to have his picture taken!) as I could.

Pictures are great Barbara L!!!! HI Buckytom and HunkeyDorey!!!! Man, to sit at the set for CBS is just to neat!!!!

Back
Top Bottom