I'm so proud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I really didn't know where to put this, because it definitely has to do with cooking and passing on the baton.

I got a call a month or so ago from my twenty-something nephew. "Auntie Claire, I need your recipe for spinach dip." MY RECIPE? You have to be pooping me. All I coud do was give him guidelines. He's obviously (give our ages) much more computer savvy than me and could have found a recipe. On top of that, he and one of his step-sisters have always been fascinated by the majic we make in the kitchen. So I just steered him away from canned (yes, he was going to use a can!) and fresh (he's a young bachelor, KISS) and told him about squeezing the living daylights out of frozen, once thawed. gave him some real basics as far as ingredients go. He called the next day and said that it was a huge hit. Last night he called me to tell me that he has been invited to a minimum of two parties a weekend since he brought that dip, and that he's making variations on it. "Hon, I didn't even give you a recipe." Yeah, I told them that. But, Auntie Claire, thank you for making my social life. I just responded, every woman loves a man who will cook for her!

Back
Top Bottom