"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 AM   #11
Head Chef
Wishing you well, bet your lookin forward to spring.

thumpershere2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:12 AM   #12
Chief Eating Officer
Sending you some chicken soup. Get better soon!

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
no worries poopsie , just take care of yourself and we'll be here when you're up to it.
the first year goes so fast and there's so much to do, to watch out for, and so many changes that it makes your head spin sometimes.
just glad to hear you are on the mend.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:30 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire
no apologies necessary. We know you have your hands full w/Miss Sofie right now (and who wouldn't want to with that little cutie?)

Connie's hot toddy sounds like just the thing (after Miss S. is fast asleep, of course).
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:37 AM   #15
Master Chef
Originally Posted by buckytom
no worries poopsie
Bucky, you've given me the biggest smile I've had all day!

Thanks, everyone! You're all so kind--and special! And that's why I miss being able to be around as much as I used to be! Yes, Sofie is a handful--she's already given up what little of a morning nap she used to take--but every minute is a blast! It's just meant not having as much selfish me-time (i.e. chatting with y'all!) but we'll get there. In the meantime, your friendship means so much to me!
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:40 AM   #16
Master Chef
Sure do hope you feel better soon PA.....take it easy and take care of yourself.
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:12 AM   #17
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Poor thing!! I hope you will feel much better soon and get to enjoy the glorious spring with Sofia...
Here, to go with GB's chicken soup, this will energize you...

our special tiramisu!!

Get well soon, Stacy!!
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #18
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
ooooh, that looks good! PA - I hope you are feeling better soon!!
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:53 PM   #19
Executive Chef
That nap thing won't last long. You'll figure it out so she's napping in the morning again. We used to turn on the shower and stick Aidan in the bathroom in his bassinet. He slept so well & long in there! You can always take her for a drive, maybe a few days of that will get her back into the nap routine. I hope those antibiotics are kicking in and you're starting to be on the mend.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:18 PM   #20
Master Chef
Kids are the most prescious little bundles of energy in the universe. Let your little Miss thrill you as you watch her grow, watch her learn new things every day, and listen to her when she affectionately tells you, both by words, and by the things she does, that you are the most important person in her world.

I too am hoping you mend quickly, and get to spend time with us here. But give everything you can to Sofie, and save the chats with grown-ups (at least I think I'm a grown-up, there are those who would say differently ) for the times when she's napping, or at night when she's asleep.

Yes it is important to have a bit of "me" time. But it's so much more rewarding to see years of giving of yourself result in a beautiful young lady, who is strong, independant, with great values, and a plan for life.

I have a couple of those, and great sons as well. I wouldn't take back a minute of time given to them. They are my joy, and all the reward I will ever need.

Give lovingly of yourself and one day you will get to hear these words, and I quote from one of my daughters "Dad, you're my best friend." And when you do, your heart will melt. (Little girls are so good at wrapping thier Dads around the tiniest little fingers).

Get well and we'll enjoy your company and skills on this forum soon enough.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote