I'm Still Sick, But Now I Know What I Have...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara L said:
When you tried walking (even when it wasn't quite as painful), were you ever unsteady on your feet?
Not really Barbara, I'm at day seven second time round and feeling better so on or about then you should notice a difference, it will be a sudden change if your system works like mine.
texasgirl said:
One more thing, don't get out doing things the first day you feel better!! It will come back! Wait about a week before you do anything really active.
That's where I must have gone wrong because within two weeks it was back.

Not really Barbara, I'm at day seven second time round and feeling better so on or about then you should notice a difference, it will be a sudden change if your system works like mine.

That's where I must have gone wrong because within two weeks it was back.

I don't know why it happens, but, it does. Son was on antibiotics for 3 days, got better and immediately went to work. He came home in tears from so much pain after 3 days.

Truthfully, I think I have a touch of the flu on top of this. So that could account for the wobbly walk. :rolleyes:
:)Barbara

I don't know why it happens, but, it does. Son was on antibiotics for 3 days, got better and immediately went to work. He came home in tears from so much pain after 3 days.
I was on antibiotics for three weeks until I felt clear, after two weeks I felt OK but took another course just in case.
This time I have learnt to have a script close by and get on top of it quickly

(((Barb))) I hope this note finds you feeliong better - and well on your way to recovery- take it easy and rest as you should.Love and energy, Vicki

Thanks Vicki. Boy oh boy, energy is something I could sure use right now. I get tired at the slightest exertion. I just ate a banana, and my tongue actually got tired chewing it.

:huh:Barbara

the only experience i've had with lasix is in the horse racing industry, so i can't help you much there, barbara. i'll just hope and pray you feel better soon.

and you should make a phone call to attie, considering his recent experience with it. that is, if you can catch him.

at the sound of the bell he's off and running a good furlong or two... :rolleyes:

ya, know, if you can afford it, I would get a 2nd opinion, Barbs..........and as much as you luv em stay away from any animals right now.........they are definitely carriers of all kinds of diseases....... you know where their feet have been.......my silly brother-in-law actually contracted cat-scratch fever........never heard of of it until him.......he also got some sorta weird disease from a flea bite.......just be careful, dear, and drink lots of fluids..............hope you feel better soon........<<<<<hugs>>>>>debs

ya, know, if you can afford it, I would get a 2nd opinion, Barbs..........and as much as you luv em stay away from any animals right now.........they are definitely carriers of all kinds of diseases....... you know where their feet have been.......my silly brother-in-law actually contracted cat-scratch fever........never heard of of it until him.......he also got some sorta weird disease from a flea bite.......just be careful, dear, and drink lots of fluids..............hope you feel better soon........<<<<<hugs>>>>>debs
It's true. 2 of my kids have had cat scratch fever that they got from new kittens, although the symptoms are different from yours. But cellulitis is a diffuse, bacterial infection that can enter the bloodstream and become systemic if not treated promptly and completely so your body is really trying to protect you by making you too exhausted to do much. You shouldn't. Rest and let yourself heal, my friend. And if you can avoid too much contact with your little kittens right now, it might be better. You wouldn't want to get something else or have a scratch in your already infected leg.

Thanks everyone. This wasn't a great day for me. I can't really explain it. The pain has been worse, but it has also been a lot better. I never knew when my leg was going to hurt/burn when I started walking until I was up on my feet. With the cats being strictly indoor cats, and with the layout of our house, it is kind of hard to keep them out all the time, but for the most part they have just slept and played with each other. I take care to protect my leg when they come near. We will go see our regular doctor Thursday (first day open). Well, I guess I'd better lie down again, as I'm getting tired. Maybe this is my punishment for staying up all hours of the night. lol (Just kidding).

Goodnight--Hopefully I will have better news tomorrow.

:(Barbara (I miss my Pollyanna side--I think she took a short vacation. Maybe she will be back tomorrow.).

my husband suffers from this for a about 5 yrs now. It comes and goes all the time. It can come on by a blow to the legs or a scratch or even a bug bite. It red lines to the heart. When it comes on he gets a very high fever (104 is his record) the the leg becomes scarlet red and on a heavy antibodics and pain pills. If it travel 1 inch in a hour it is off to the ER and he gets hospitalized.

He has had it for so long I am almost an expert on it. Once it comes on you have to see a DR. I was told this infection wants to travel to the heart (red LInes) , It is an infection that attacks the lining around your cells.

He has had for so long that his leg is losing all feeling and we were told that eventually in the naer future his legs would have to come off.

The best thing to do when you get it and barbara you should do this now.
Wrap hot moist towels around your leg. it brings the blood back to the leg and also helps relives pain.

The proceedure we go thru, which they do to him in the hospital is
lay a large bath towel or small blanket on the bed or sofa
then a piece off plastic ( I use a garbage bag)
then wrap the leg in a hot as you can stand it wet towel
Wrap the plastic around the wet towel
then wrap the first towel around that
now you have an insulated heat wrap
leave it on there for at least 20 min and if you have help have some bring you a another hot towel 1/2 way thru the 20 min. you also should be laying flat for better circulation. this also helps with the pain.

hope this helps and feel better

Barbara, we are all worried about you. Did you go back to the doctor Sunday night? Did he say you were getting better? I know your time at the computer is limited right now, but I was concerned when there was no communication from you all day yesterday....

Barbara, I am so sorry. I just found this thread. I know oh so well what you are going through, though our conditions are different. My dogs probably weigh much more than your kitties and for some reason they know I am not well and insist on laying right against the leg or will jump on it. They think they are comforting me but then get in trouble....it is so hard on them and me.

I do hope and pray you get some relief soon. First the kidney stones and now this. Rest as much as you can, though I know that is difficult. Above all, just rest..if you need those pain killers for no other reason than to get some needed rest, use them. And know that we are all here for you in thoughts and in prayers.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I just didn't feel well enough to post anything yesterday. I can see that it is getting better (The red is almost gone from part of the outside of my leg), but the main areas still hurt just as much sometimes.

Believe me Debs, I have been in bed since last Thursday.

Letscook, thanks for the information. Heat actually bothers it, but I will discuss this with my doctor.

The doctor at the hospital had already gone home when we called. They said it would be a lot cheaper to go to my regular doctor. The soonest she can see me is this Thursday, so I will see her then. If this flares up and gets worse before then, we will go back to the hospital.

I am really grateful for all of your prayers and kind thoughts. You all mean so much to me.

:flowers:Barbara

Hope you get better soon Barbara.
7.gif

Back
Top Bottom