I'm Such A Ditz!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crewsk,

Did you tell them your social security number? They should have been able to bring it up on their computers.

crewsk said:
I'll have to take the test & they have changed the length of time your license is good from 5yrs to 10yrs & upped the price. It was $12.50 now it's $25! I sure hope they don't add a fine on to it!
Wow crewsk, I cant believe how cheap your licence is!!! I have my hubby's renewal form in front of me (due later this month) - $240 for 10 years plus a $15 Admin fee:ohmy:

Although on the upside, we have the option of any licence term from 1 - 10 years.

Re your original question; I actually drove around unlicenced for 9 months. It wasn't until I went to open a new bank account, that I discovered my out-of-date licence.

amber said:
Crewsk,

Did you tell them your social security number? They should have been able to bring it up on their computers.

It was part of the form I filled out & when the lady put it in the computer it told her it was unverifid.

Gee... Thanks Sush!:rolleyes: But, I really care about you too & that did make me feel better. Now, can you get rid of my headache for me?

Aussie, here if you are under 65 the automatically give you a 10 year license. If you are 65 or older, you get a 5 year. Right now, my biggest problem is that we don't have the $ for it.

Poor Crewsk! Ours expire on our birthday as well so that helps the old memory.

Here's a chuckle for you, though. My mom quit driving after some gastro surgery and after several years my dad just let it expire. No problem for several years - as in 20 when he came up with macular degeneration and lost all but his periferial (sp) vision. Still his license was valid so he would sit behing the wheel and she would tell him where to turn! (This is NOT funny and it scared me to death and I ferried them around whenever I could). Unfortunately he pre-deceased her and she then wanted to get her license! I took her at least 7 times to DMV and she couldn't pass the written test! I even had it administered orally and the guy really tried to help her. She drove for over 70 years and never had an accident or even a ticket so it wasn't that she was a bad driver she just couldn't pass the test! There was no way I could convince her that her insurance wouldn't cover an accident if she was unlicensed! We finally wrested her keys from her at 83.

I know you'll do fine!

Back
Top Bottom