I'm Such A Ditz!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
My drivers license expired last Sunday & I just realized it!:wacko: Now I get to take the written test over. :censored: I've always been on top of getting it renewd. I guess I've just had too much on my mind lately. Someone please make me feel better & tell me they've done this too!:LOL:

Wow ~ they're brutal. I would think that they'd give at least a 30-day grace period before they made you retake tests and such.

I did the same thing a few years ago. I didn't realized mine had expired until someone made a comment about it when I showed it as ID while writing a check. *blush* Oh well, at least I just had to pay an extra $15 for letting it expire instead of taking tests over again.

You're definitely not the only one it's happened too!

:heart:
Z

Geez, it's only been 5 days and they make you take the written test again? Study the manual!

I don't even have a manual!:ohmy:Guess that means I'll have to wing it. I'm thinking the DMV is open tomorrow morning so I'm going to take care of it then. I'm just glad I haven't gotten stopped in a license check. They've been popping up all over our town lately.

Whoa that sucks. Do they not send you a renewal in the mail? Ours are valid for 5 years to expire on your birthday. At least that way you can't forget them!

Alix, yes they do. But I didn't have my address changed when we moved because I knew that they expired on my birthday & it wasn't that far away.

Pds, yes they do. I'm going to download it tonight to go over.

Thanks!:)

Don't worry crewsk, you'll be fine. My youngest past his today. My oldest didn't. DANG IT!!!!
We told him over and over to read that book, he's had it for 3 years :ohmy: :mad:
Youngest said that it's signs and mostly ones that are plain common scense {SP}
So, you'll do just fine. I think that the only thing you might want to really read is the laws that have changed, just in case.

crewsk i've done it too. ours are good for 4 years and they expire on your birthday.
well my birthday is the 13th of september... okay so october 3rd i realized
"oh crap !!!! better re-new this" so i went up there, i didn't have to re-take the
whole test though, just the normal vision test they do. wow 5 day and you
have to re-take the whole test again ??? eck. i'm sure you'll do fine. not like
you've never driven before lol.

It's just the written part I'll have to take. I'd fail the driving part for sure if I had to take that again!:ohmy: I don't know what made me think of it today though. I was pulling out of the sub-division to pick the kids up from school & a light bulb just went off in my head.

Yes thankfully I do! Thanks! :) I have a few cousins who don't & I feel really bad for them. Especially the one who turned a lawnmower upside down to fix the blade & all the gas drained out. Then he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start back.:rolleyes:

Crewsk - you're NOT a ditz!!! Happens to lots of us...you'll do fine. Do you have to pay a fine for being late? Or just take the test? Good luck!!!

I'll have to take the test & they have changed the length of time your license is good from 5yrs to 10yrs & upped the price. It was $12.50 now it's $25! I sure hope they don't add a fine on to it!

I'd be happy to pay 25 if I didn't have to go back for 10 years. The Dmv here is really dirty and very very slow.

Ouch! I haven't done this with my driver's license, but have a couple of times with my military ID card, at times when it was important for me to have a valid one. Now we live so far from any military facilities that when I didn't renew it, I didn't think that much about it. One day I woke up (DUH) and realized my ID card acts as my insurance card. If I had a medical emergency I'd have to proof of medical insurance. OUCH yet again, you know you'd pay far more than taking a test! You better believe we were down at the local guard/reserve office tout suite!!!! So it isn't you being ditzy. We all forget important things when we get busy.

oh, i wouldn't worry about it, crewsk, seriously. i had to re-take mine and passed it with flying colors.:) too bad about the fee, though.....:angry:

wow thats cheap for a licence. In Alberta its over 50.00 and only good for 5 years and if you have heart problem or some other medical problem and you have to renew every year its still 50.00 not sure what it is in Ontario but I know its still expencive. Thats canadian dollars but its still a lot of money.

OK, my day just got worse! I have had a drivers license for 10 years & the lady told me today when I went to renew it that I couldn't because my Social Security number wasn't verified in their system!!! :censored: How in the blue blazes did I get it renewed 5 years ago then?:furious: I didn't have my SS card with me & since I don't work, I don't have any pay stubs to verify it either. I'm going to have to go back next week to do it.

Thank you all for making me feel better about forgetting, I really appriciate it!:)

Whoa! Sounds like the BMV computer system needs an upgrade! If it makes you feel better, I've forgotten to renew my licence AND I never remember to get new validation stickers for my plates. I've had a few $40 tickets in the past... (coff, coff)

Back
Top Bottom