I'm thinking of getting a scooter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My girlfriend just ordered herself a Vespa
She's just gone through her second bout with breast cancer and told me that she's always wanted one and decided with this second cancer scare that she was going to order one. Her future husband ordered one for himself too, I hope she loves it. I want to scoot now too.

I'll take any one of these

Last edited:
The red scooter with the weather bubble is--duh--the ill fated C-1 from BMW.

I googled it after examining the C-1 on the rear panel and the BMW insignia up by the nose.

As nice as this little scooter truly is, it was a marketing failure. About 4,000 were sold in 2000, and fewer the next year.

This scooter was never approved for use in the USA.

But everything old is new again. Not only will people be looking for technology to save gas, it's obvious that existing platforms offer manufacturers the quickest time to "tool up."

A strange bit of history. Ralph "Sonny" Barger, president of the Hells Angels, helped produce a similar 3-wheeled scooter called "The Sparrow" many years ago. It died of the same fate, low sales numbers.

http://www.hightechscience.org/sparrow.htm

ITK, I think this is a great idea. I have considered one myself. For me, it would be great for making those short errands. Not feasible for me to drive to work tho... I would be dead in the first week!

The scooter roadfix suggests, is thinking of having a place for my dogs. However, the family checked into it and found it to be DISCONTINUED DUE TO SEAT BELT PROBLEMS! I would like to know if they aren't thinking of making them again since the gas problems have developed. I just think it is so perfect considering I do like to take the dogs out sometimes. The weather would not be problem either. I just really am happy to see something like this and now t he search for trying to buy one is going to be real challenge. As long as you all like it, makes it more desirable.

As far as the girl with breast cancer, I would give her anything she wanted. Wanting a scooter is not out of the question. Hope her husband goes along with it. One of the kids friends had mother pass away with breast cancer, now they found out the daughter has it two years later. Planning on getting married in Oc tober. What a depressing time. She doesn't want anyone to talk to her till results or final.

Back
Top Bottom