I'm Very Sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
One of my all time favorite shows was The Golden Girls. My favorite character was Blanche Devereaux. I liked her spunk and we shared the same first name, Blanche. Actress Rue McClanahan past away this thursday morning around 1am of a stroke. I will truly miss her.

That leaves only Betty White and I think she may have been the oldest one on the show.

I heard that on the news this afternoon. I love that show and she will be missed. And yes, Betty White is the last living Golden Girl.

I loved the Golden Girls and I loved each actress in every other role they played. I am sure Betty White is grieving her loss today as I have heard each of them say they were like a close knit family during and after the show's run. I will definitely miss Rue.

I used to watch Golden Girls a lot when I was a kid. My favorite actress on the show was Estelle Getty. May you rest in peace Rue McClanahan.

I remember Betty White when she was one of the celebrity guests on Password with her husband, Allen Ludden.

I remember Betty White when she was one of the celebrity guests on Password with her husband, Allen Ludden.

They actually met on the set of Password and he proposed on the show. When they got married they had to go back to work the next day (she was guesting once again) and at the end of it, they called each other Mr. & Mrs. Ludden - their way of announcing their wedding! I heard Betty tell the story twice and cried both times.

Another fact about Golden Girls - Originally Betty was cast as Blanche and Rue as Rose, but the chemistry wasn't right and they characters were too like their ones in Mary Tyler Moore and Maude, respectively. So they shot a second pilot (the only one shown) with the roles switched and it was magic! The way their characters played off each other was so unique and special.

They actually met on the set of Password and he proposed on the show. When they got married they had to go back to work the next day (she was guesting once again) and at the end of it, they called each other Mr. & Mrs. Ludden - their way of announcing their wedding! I heard Betty tell the story twice and cried both times.

Another fact about Golden Girls - Originally Betty was cast as Blanche and Rue as Rose, but the chemistry wasn't right and they characters were too like their ones in Mary Tyler Moore and Maude, respectively. So they shot a second pilot (the only one shown) with the roles switched and it was magic! The way their characters played off each other was so unique and special.

I did not know they met on the show..how sweet! I knew about the original casting on GG,funny how things just work out. They were both on Mama's Family too.

may she rest amongst the other golden-gals that passed along in recent days.~.....

Back
Top Bottom