Imagine a job with a high heel ban!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A fair few places have banned High Heels its nothing new, i used to work in a lot of bars, clubs and restaurants. You'd never be allowed to wear them in that sort of industry as you could do youself and other some serious dmage!

It hasn't happened anywhere that I have worked to date - we shall see if it becomes all the rage here????

P.S. Am loving your avatar thingy!

I agree that employers have the right to bring in a dress code (within limits as a company that pays a basic salary can't expect you to buy designer items etc...unless they give a clothing allowance which will be grand! ;)
I think the footwear ban has much to do with the industry you work in. I am really short and I like teaming up high heals with trousers now and again.
I'm sure no employer will insist on a high heal ban if they didn't have good reason for it. But I am with you FuzzyB...I will be gutted ;)

I agree that employers have the right to bring in a dress code (within limits as a company that pays a basic salary can't expect you to buy designer items etc...unless they give a clothing allowance which will be grand! ;)
I think the footwear ban has much to do with the industry you work in. I am really short and I like teaming up high heals with trousers now and again.
I'm sure no employer will insist on a high heal ban if they didn't have good reason for it. But I am with you FuzzyB...I will be gutted ;)

Hehe I love clothing allowances but have only really ever had them in my retail jobs! But I guess thats understandable as in retail they do mainly expect you to wear thier own brand of clothing or whatever?

I agree with everyone here. :chef:
Some outfits you need to have a heel with because it just looks complete with it. I think the employers that are bannning high heels are doing it for safety reasons. I've worked for a bank for several years now and when I was a teller, we weren't allowed to wear open toe shoes because if we dropped a tray of quarters on our foot, we would be seriously hurt. The bank I work for now allows them but the policy states "at your own risk when working a teller drawer".
I personally am a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl and I don't wear heels with my jeans unless it's a jeans day at work. I would love to be able to wear flats and sneakers or boots every day if I could. :rolleyes:

Imagine a job with a high heel ban!
I don't have to "imagine" one at all! High heels are absolutely forbidden in a commercial kitchen. Guess you've never cooked for a living, or you would know that. :rolleyes: Actually, it's just practical. Anyone trying to wear high heels in a kitchen would spend the shift on their a$$! :LOL:

Oh, dear. When I was a waitress at a steak house in Virginia, I was required to wear a mini-dress and knee high leather boots with a 3 1/2 inch heel. So being "required" to wear flats would have been a vacation!

Oh, dear. When I was a waitress at a steak house in Virginia, I was required to wear a mini-dress and knee high leather boots with a 3 1/2 inch heel. So being "required" to wear flats would have been a vacation!

That sounds awful to me :neutral:

When I last worked in a restaurant on the floor we were not allowed highere than 2 inches! Safety and all that!

I disagree with a complete ban but agree with guidelines! Although naturally in some environments heels are out!

If I worked in that place where you had to wear big heel I would have been praying for flats as well!

Back
Top Bottom