Impulsive or compulsive cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
(or neither)
i'm very impulsive with food & cooking. otherwise i'm very compulsive 'bout other stuff.. i throw stuff together & if i follow a recipe, that's an occasion fer me.
you?

Last edited:
I think I'm both. Sometimes I get in my mind that I'm having chicken, then I go in search of a new way to prepare it. Then other times, I think of the stuff that I got on hand that needs to be cooked because it will go bad if I don't. Then I start cooking up dishes to use those ingredients. See something on tv, or come across a recipe that tweaks my imagination, and off and running. Like that black bean hummus recipe that was recently posted... is it compulsive or impulsive???? I'm going nuts!

All I know is I like to cook, and my inspirations come from everywhere! Thank you luvs!

I guess that I am both as well. When I shop for food, I try to buy the foods that have been eaten and avoid the foods that just sit till they go bad.

Then on the other hand, something will happen on the train or I will stumble across a website that sparks an idea and a stop at the grocery store happens.

So far as when I cook, a recipie is a guidline. Often one spice substitutes for another or an ingrediant is changed.

I love to learn and the experamenting with techniques and ingredients is a lot of fun.

Quicksilver, you are just fortunate, you do not have to produce on a schedule.

I guess I'm both but most of the time I cook what I feel like cooking, and not necessarily from a recipe. I use what I have on hand.

Back
Top Bottom