"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
There are lots of mothers here...
GB, are you trying to say something about someone?? (You CERTAINLY couldn't be talking about me and Bucky! )

After all, depending on where you place the emphasis, 'mothers' can take on a whole new meaning!

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

mrsmac, you've been away too long. (Stupid me forgot all about your pregnancy). Leave that nasty other site and come back here for all the baby conversation you might need.

As geebs said, we love to talk and we have plenty of polite opinions.

Old 04-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I agree and then some with everything everyone else has said.
I can't say enough about how wonderful Dc is. And there are
alot of parents on this site who can answers any questions you
might have. Just ask away !
Old 04-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #14
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB
There are lots of mothers here...
Ya GB...... RonJohn and I want to know what you mean by that!!

MrsMac I have been on here since April of 2003. I have seen LOTS of great changes. I think there were about 10-15 active members at the time. (KitchenElf was on before me, so Im sure she remembers) Anyhow, this IS a very special place! I have been on countless other boards and none come very close to the feeling and family we have here. There were a few spamers and rude folks. One of them that I remember said something very rude concerning Dove's dog. I think we took care of THAT person.

Quick story. I love the movie Anne of Green Gables. SO I decided to join the forum. Now if youre not familiar with the movie, it has to do with a heart-warming tale that has family values written all over it. So, MUCH to my shock, there was MUCH talk about s e x and a gay lifestyle. (among other not so childsafe things!!) There are certain places for those things, but not in a forum where young children can visit. Furthermore there were 3 VERY VERY rude, condecending and downright MEAN people on there. Needless to say, I spoke my mind in a relaxed but firm way. I mentioned that there are children that visit the site and this is not a proper forum for such things. After all.... the forum was managed by the folks that made the movie! How could they allow it?! Well, I was booted via the admin for being 'rude'.
I called Sullivan Entertainment and spoke to the owner/operator and told her about Discuss Cooking as a golden example of how a good forum and community works. I just hope that they understand, and they look at THIS site as an example.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:28 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
I agree and then some with everything everyone else has said.
I can't say enough about how wonderful Dc is. And there are
alot of parents on this site who can answers any questions you
might have. Just ask away !
Middie.... how are babies made?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
mrsmac - congratulations! how far along are you? I have never been to any other threads so I have nothing to compare this to. I do know that I love the information here, but more so than that, I really feel like I have friends here.

I have a 19 mos old and a 13 year old - so I click with two groups - those with teens and those with toddlers (i know, what the heck was I thinking, right? Well, long story short, my toddler is my "blessing", if you know what I mean).

Would love to talk pregnancy and baby stuff with you - like texasgirl said, ask away!!
You are my kind of woman!!! My girls are 14 and 6 years old!
I am due in 9 weeks (5th June)
Its not even necessarily that I have many questions, just that I thought it would be nice to hang out with people who are pregnant too but they keep calling each other trolls and swearing so I just quit.
The pregnancy is going well but with the added drama of I fell down the stairs nearly 5 weeks ago and what they first thought was some ligamnet damage is now something requiring 2 hours of surgery tomorrow to screw my foot back together! I wanted to know if anyone else has had surgery while they were pregnant? my ob and surgeon have assured me its fine so I am not asking for medical advice (I won't make that mistake again!) But just for any personal stories.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #17
DC Grandma

One of them that I remember said something very rude concerning Dove's dog. I think we took care of THAT person. Yes you did DS and you were the first one to become my adopted grandson...

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #18
Executive Chef

mrsmac, I'm a mom too, of a 15 year old, but still she is my baby. So feel free to post away and ask questions. Congrats on your new baby (5th June) you must be so excited.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
One of them that I remember said something very rude concerning Dove's dog. I think we took care of THAT person. Yes you did DS and you were the first one to become my adopted grandson...

Awwwwwww....... Come here Grandma!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #20
DC Grandma

Thanks Sushi...I needed that big hug. :)

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote