In case you missed me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I've been so sick I couldn't hold my head up with inner ear infection that has been going on for a long time. Still not doing the best, but hopefully on the mend. Still can barely look at PC without getting dizzy. The antibiotic they gave me is one of those kill-or-cure things. Could use some good vibes.

DH asked me what he could do for me the other night and I said, "take me out and shoot me."

Got any ideas on food easy on tummy? Popsickles are great, but I need something a little more nourishing after 5 days.

I remember my last bout with an inner ear infection, I lived on saltines, dry toast and Canada Dry ginger ale. Was the only thing that didn't come back up or hurt!
I hope you feel better soon!

Sorry to hear you are not feel well, Connie. Try some Ensure. It's a nutritional drink designed to provide nourishment when you can't eat.

Hey Miss Connie....I have been missing/wondering about you...Bless your heart...Sorry to hear about you not feeling so sporty!!! My go to food, easy on the tummy is potatoes...peeled, boiled, with S&P, a little butter, maybe a pinch of garlic...served in a bowl with some of the liquid they cooked in..I kinda mush them up to make a thin non-dairy potato soup of sorts...Good with saltines, and like Getoutamykitchen said...Ginger Ale ~~~~~ Take care!! I'm sure you'll be up and kicking again soon...Tell Kim to keep the bourbon on stand-by!!;)

I missed you too. In fact I was looking at some of your posts a few days ago and wondered where you were. I'm sorry you've been sick but hope you are on the mend and will be back in full soon.

Thanks for the ideas, friends. My daughter's going to do a little shopping for me in the morning...in the meantime, the potato sounds awfully good. I used to do that before a night of drinking back in my college days.
Kim's keeping an eye on the Captain Morgan's, Bob, but the Miller Beer Company is about to go broke.

I slept 3 hours this afternoon...dreamed I was out in the greenhouse on a sunny day transplanting tomato plants again. I sure miss that.

I've been so sick I couldn't hold my head up with inner ear infection that has been going on for a long time. Still not doing the best, but hopefully on the mend. Still can barely look at PC without getting dizzy. The antibiotic they gave me is one of those kill-or-cure things. Could use some good vibes.

DH asked me what he could do for me the other night and I said, "take me out and shoot me."

Got any ideas on food easy on tummy? Popsickles are great, but I need something a little more nourishing after 5 days.

Oh Connie, I'm sorry you"re sick. If I were closer I'd bring you some minetrone or some chicken soup..Scrambled eggs and toast..anything your heart desires.Nothing with heavy spices just mild and cozy feeling foods. Please take care and get well.HUGS
kades

Constance, I hope that you are feeling better. I am sorry that you have not been feeling good. It is not fun to feel that bad. When I don't feel like eating I cook some white rice and heat it up with some chicken broth. Easy on the stomach and gets some food back into you. Also, saltine crackers are good to nibble on. They soak up all the yucky stuff in your stomach.

So sorry to hear how ill you are Constance. I hope you get better very soon.

When I am very ill, I tend to opt for flat lemonade, jello, a little bit of stewed fruit (like apple), thin soups (like the chicken soup CJ mentioned), and tomato sauce (ketchup) sandwiches. When I was a kid, mum would grate a granny smith apple and sprinkle it with sugar for me. Spaghetti was always a good one as well as the pasta slipped down the throat very easily with very little chewing.

As mentioned, Ensure and similar are excellent forms of sustance if you can't keep things down.

If you fancy the potato, have a little bit but keep the fat levels down.

Real thing is have a little of whatever you fancy and have it often. Keep up the fluids and avoid alcohol. It is also important to take the antibiotics correctly, as they can make you feel worse if you don't, ie if meant to take on an empty stomach, don't eat for two hours prior to taking them; or if meant to take with food, do your best to eat something before hand.

My daughter brought me 7-up, potato soup, chicken noodle soup, and rainbow sherbet...all the things I got for her when she was little and sick. God love'er.
I'm just so darned weak...can't seem to get my strength back. DH made me a grilled cheese sandwich today (no butter on it, just cooking spray) and I dipped it in chicken soup...it stayed down fine. I finally took a bath and washed my hair this morning and that sure made me feel better.

I don't know how long these things usually last, but I've had enough.

My daughter brought me 7-up, potato soup, chicken noodle soup, and rainbow sherbet...all the things I got for her when she was little and sick. God love'er.
I'm just so darned weak...can't seem to get my strength back. DH made me a grilled cheese sandwich today (no butter on it, just cooking spray) and I dipped it in chicken soup...it stayed down fine. I finally took a bath and washed my hair this morning and that sure made me feel better.

I don't know how long these things usually last, but I've had enough.
Just don't do to much Connie. Rest, I didn't think to mention a baked potato is one of my favorite things when I don't feel well. I just put a little butter,salt and that's it. it fills me up and makes me feel good. You've done a lot today washing your hair and all so please sit and put your feet up and rest.
cj

Constance, I hope you will be feeling better soon. If you are on antibiotics, I suggest taking a little bit of yogurt about an hour before taking the meds. Yogurt gives back the good bacteria that antibiotics take away.

Back
Top Bottom