In honor of Buckytom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironchef

Executive Chef
BT, I despise the Yankees as much as you despise the Red Sox. I was meaning to show you this when it first came out, but I forgot about it until today, when I was reminded by another atrocious game by A-Rod at the plate. From my favorite comic strip to you BT :)

Bucky, I know you to be a great guy with but one serious fault. Yes, you guessed it, you're rootin' for the wrong team, heh, heh.

Listen to my Tigers roar! (Of course it took them 22 years to do it since the last time:angry:).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

rofl, ic!!
i've been expecting a few jabs this morning from sawx fans.

most ny'ers i know are just waiting to boo him these days. best player in baseball? fuggedaboudit! a clutch player he's not. very good stats year to year, but he fades in october, when it really counts. i think he's 5 for 43
in the postseason. that's batting .116.

i like how giambi told him to grow up when he was in his slump, and then told joe torre to stop coddling him.

and just hold on there a second, gw.

i don't hear any fat ladies yet. if i do hear them tonight, i'm gonna personally drive them over to your house just before your wife gets home, when you're taking a nap.. (then hide in the bushes while you explain your way out of that one)

"umm, honey, i don't know who they are. ya see there's this guy in jersey..."

Hey Bucky, It's the 9th inning....

HOW BOUT THEM JANKEES!!!!!!

(I do believe I hear a fat woman tuning up at the ballpark!) :-p :-p

John

I don't what's worse, the fact that you're the highest paid player on the entire team and you've been dropped to 8th in the lineup, OR that even after being dropped to 8th in the lineup you still bat 0 for 3.

GW, hope you got a very large bed...

Sorry BT. I guess A-Rod and Jeter can have a beer with Big Papi and Manny while they watch the rest of the playoffs. :ROFLMAO:

img_337015_0_aa8a6ac5bf3f04738ef72ae552ee24fd.jpg

NA NA NA NA

NA NA NA NA

HEY HEY HEY

GOOD BYE!

It appears Alex is a little too sensative to deal with the NY fans. He is a very talented baseball player but is having head problems right now.

I think he needs a change of scenery to bring back his top level performance.

Andy M. said:
It appears Alex is a little too sensative to deal with the NY fans. He is a very talented baseball player but is having head problems right now.

I think he needs a change of scenery to bring back his top level performance.

I think he needs a big hit in his checkbook to show that he ain't "all that" . . . .

The Yanks got talent, that's for sure. George buys all the good guys, pays whatever fines for being over cap, and still don't make the Series? Ha! I love it!

I'm usually open to picking who I want to win, but when it involves the Yanks, I root for whoever they're playing. I don't like George and how he does business (though he's been successful) and I don't like that the players develope even larger egos then they had in the first place, by playing mediocre ball and getting paid more then you and I will ever see in a lifetime!

I don't think the A-Rod situation is what you describe, BigDog. I'm not saying it doesn't happen and I don't care for George either. I think A-Rod has some internal problems that are effecting his performance and I don't believe it has to do with a swelled head or ego.

Of course, I could be wrong. I thought the Red Sox were going all the way this year!

I won't gloat. Nope, I won't gloat. Hee hee haw haw haw, ooh hoo hoo ha, heh, heh, heh, haw!

I'm sorry. An uncontrollable fit of gloating just overcame me. I was trying to be humble. Honest.:rolleyes:

Kinda reminds me of this time I was stationed in San Diego, back in 1984, with the Tigers battling the Padre's in the World Series. I think I was the only Tiger fan in the town. Man was I getting the buisness by my shipmates at the beginning of that series. But for some odd reason, they all shut up at the end of it.:ROFLMAO:

Gotta go. I feel another fit of gloating coming on.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

oh, that's ok. gloat away. turn about is fair play.

yes, my yanks completed sucked eggs. i am now hoping for a mets-detroit world series. if the mets don't make it, then i'll hop on the tigers bandwagon for the duration.

the latest rumours are that torre may be on the chopping block. i think that would be a mistake. get rid of pay-rod, giambi, sheffield, wright, and johnson, but not joe.

i can't mention here what i think of a-rod. what a baby. while ny is a great city, i guess it's not for everyone. a-rod is too sensitive, too in love with himself to make it here. i think he really believed all the crap about how he's the greatest player in baseball. actually, he's been one of the worst post season players in history.

Go Tigers!

I agree that dumping Torre would be a mistake. There really seems to be something missing from the Yankees team. I never see the emotion and excitement I see with other teams when they win big.

what's missing is humility, and the love of real competition (also, they need pitching).
the players are told how great they are, get paid unbelieveable amounts of money, and are therefore expected to win. so when they do, it's not a surprise. they've merely fulfilled their role as self-proclaimed gods.
they were pre-paid to do it, and assumed they just would.

i can only hope george learns something from this, and goes out and gets players who want to play the game to win, not just get paid and be worshipped.

buckytom said:
what's missing is humility, and the love of real competition (also, they need pitching).
the players are told how great they are, get paid unbelieveable amounts of money, and are therefore expected to win. so when they do, it's not a surprise. they've merely fulfilled their role as self-proclaimed gods.
they were pre-paid to do it, and assumed they just would.

i can only hope george learns something from this, and goes out and gets players who want to play the game to win, not just get paid and be worshipped.

You'll probably have Barry Zito next year. I wonder how much he'll get?

Wanna trade A-Rod for Manny?

What the Yankees are missing is a decent farm system. They went away from drafting and developing players in favor of free spending. What most people forget is that the Yankees were better when they had a smaller amount of star players and more role players and younger players that came through their farm system. When they started to build their team strictly with payroll, well, that was about the last time they won a World Series, not to mention that they've only gone to one other in the past 6 seasons (2003).

i have to disagree with that one, ic.

jeter, posada, williams, cano, and cabrera all have come up thru the yankees system. i'm sure i'm forgetting a few as well.

their biggest problem, as is most teams', is pitching. good pitching beats great batting every time. you have to give the tiger's pitching staff credit. this was really thier victory. i hope they can continue it, and not feel satisfied beating the big, bad yanks.

getting a-rod was a mistake, but who knew he was such a delicate flower. a pansy comes to mind...

getting giambi was a mistake, but who knew he was a pumped up druggie, who'll now be continually injured for the rest of his career? i'm sure it's because of over and unnaturally developed muscles and tendons. we'll see.

and getting johnson was just simply getting ripped off. it's like buying a powerful sports car, but no one told you it was in an accident, and the frame was bent.

damon is another mistake, albeit a smaller one. maybe he's a nice guy, but he's past his prime, and throws like a girl. who needs a centerfielder who can barely reach home plate? they should have gone to the farms, or traded for someone young with possibilities.

Bucky, I can feel for you! After all, that's a lot of what the Red Wings tried to do in the NHL leading up to the lockout.

But, I gotta say that Detroit, as a city, needed this win FAR more than NY. Heck, y'all still have the Mets in it, anyways! This city's been electric since Friday night. Nice to have something positive going on downtown!

John

Back
Top Bottom