"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #21
Chief Eating Officer

Wait a sec Corey. Let me get this right. The bus has a rule that you must stand behind a safety line while the bus is moving. You break this rule and then insult the driver by calling him an idiot and then you think he is the one who does not deserve your respect???

Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 AM   #22
Executive Chef

I stepped back when he mentioned it and I had appoligized.

So in my book, that should have been squashed.

He opened up a can of worms when he harped back on the subject after me having questioned him on the reliability of service on that line.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #23
Chief Eating Officer

Sorry Corey, but calling someone an idiot for something like that is just plain wrong. I see nothing wrong with what the bus driver did and everything wrong with how you handled the situation. JMO.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #24
Executive Chef

The answer that he gave me was not the right answer.

I moved back behind the line when he asked me to. What was his problem that he couldn't answer the question properly?

Just like about a month ago, I got on a bus through the back door. The driver became irate. I was willing to pay him. I had a montlhy link pass. He flatly refused to move the bus because I came on through the back door!! What was HIS problem? I also called him a stupid idiot and other words that I can't use here, because the jerk wanted me to go back out the back door!!

I went out the front door and waited for the next one. Upon reaching the last stop, I went over to the booth and reported him to the supervisor on duty.

The system stinks, the bus service is very poor on some routes and some of the drivers show no gratitude.

I got absolute zero tolerance for putting up with their negative aditudes and
stupid sarcasm!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #25
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Sorry Corey, but calling someone an idiot for something like that is just plain wrong. I see nothing wrong with what the bus driver did and everything wrong with how you handled the situation. JMO.
Sounds as if Corey stepped back and apologized for his mistake. And then bus driver gave an uncalled-for rude reply to Corey's question. That was wrong.

Lee
Old 03-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis View Post
Sounds as if Corey stepped back and apologized for his mistake. And then bus driver gave an uncalled-for rude reply to Corey's question. That was wrong.

Lee

Thank you!

That's EXACTLY what happened.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #27
Chief Eating Officer

Who said it was an uncalled for rude reply? His answer could have been 100% correct. His line is delayed because people are not following the rules.

It sounds to me like Corey is breaking the bus rules and then when the drives call him on it then he calls them names. First with stepping over the line and then with entering through the back door. Sorry, but calling someone a stupid idiot is no way to gain respect. It is something that 3rd graders do and even they get in trouble when they do it.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

First off, the problem begins with long lines forming outside for buses and trollies because of those stupid Charlie machines that take so blasted long because they are so blasted slow.

The bus lines must then use what looks like the largest parking lot to transport passengers and are inching a crawling through too much traffic.

The bus line that I use is so blasted slow and crowded because put simply, there just aren't enough buses on that particular lines have buses coming through Maverick Square every five minutes.

Then to top it all off, I'm standing there, hurting with pain in my back and legs - too painful for me to walk home or stand there and continue to wait for about 45 minutes. And then I ask this jerk why it takes so blasted long for the bus to come and the stupid moron gives me a stupid sarcastic answer like that? I almost went through the roof! And I'm in the wrong?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
Chief Eating Officer

That is all fine and good Corey, but that is no reason to call someone a stupid idiot. That is childish and non productive and just make you look bad. It does nothing to make your situation any better and can only serve to make it worse. It is not the bus drivers fault that the lines are long or the buses are crowded and even if it was then it certainly has nothing to do with his intelligence.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #30
Executive Chef

If he gave me a better answer than that one, there wouldn't have been any strife, but he planted the seed and I have reaped the harvest.

I'm not blaming him for the long lines and slow movement of the traffic. But if he didn't give that answer, then things would not have gone that far.