"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #31
Chief Eating Officer

And what if his answer was correct? Delays can most certainly be caused by people not obeying the rules.

And what about the guy whose bus you entered from the back? Did he plant the seed too?

The only thing you reaped was to show your maturity level.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey123 View Post
The answer that he gave me was not the right answer.

I moved back behind the line when he asked me to. What was his problem that he couldn't answer the question properly?

Just like about a month ago, I got on a bus through the back door. The driver became irate. I was willing to pay him. I had a montlhy link pass. He flatly refused to move the bus because I came on through the back door!! What was HIS problem? I also called him a stupid idiot and other words that I can't use here, because the jerk wanted me to go back out the back door!!

I went out the front door and waited for the next one. Upon reaching the last stop, I went over to the booth and reported him to the supervisor on duty.

The system stinks, the bus service is very poor on some routes and some of the drivers show no gratitude.

I got absolute zero tolerance for putting up with their negative aditudes and
stupid sarcasm!
cory, didn't u know u can't go up the down stairs . lol old movie line.

i am with u, people that meet the public can be very rude. i don't care if they are having a bad day or just plain rude all the time. i call them on it whenever it occurs. if they don't like dealing with the public, then they should get a job where they don't have to.

case in point, went to dr. yesterday for 4 pm appointment. at 415 i went to desk and asked how much longer. the girl was rude and implied that i was just a stupid old lady. i did get in right away. i figure they set the time for me to be there and i was. i understand they can get behind, but fifteen mins is about all i wait patiently. my time is as valueable as theirs.

babe

Old 03-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #33
Executive Chef

One person going past the line? And I moved when he asked me to, so why the nasty sarcastic answer?

Bottom line; he could have provided a better answer than that. Unless he was being funny, which I was in no mood for. I was hurting, in pain and stressed out.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #34
Chief Eating Officer

He did not say that it was because of one person. You asked why the line was always so late and he responded that it was because of people (plural) standing in front of the line. The way I took that response was that when people break the rules it causes delays.

Either way, calling him a stupid idiot was in no way shape or form an acceptable response. Didn't your mother ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? Didn't your grade school teachers ever teach you that name calling is never called for? Regardless of how the driver acted, you acted poorly.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
He did not say that it was because of one person. You asked why the line was always so late and he responded that it was because of people (plural) standing in front of the line. The way I took that response was that when people break the rules it causes delays.

Either way, calling him a stupid idiot was in no way shape or form an acceptable response. Didn't your mother ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? Didn't your grade school teachers ever teach you that name calling is never called for? Regardless of how the driver acted, you acted poorly.

1. He included ME in the bunch. And the comment WAS directed at me.

2. If he's going to say that people are breaking that rule, then I'd like to know how many rules he broke concerning bus driving.

3. That is just a copout for his idiocy.

4. I'm just sick of some of them. They act like they're above everyone else
when they put their pants on the same way; one leg at a time.

5. If he feels that way, then he has no business dealing with the public. He should go get a job washing dishes or something.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #36
Chief Eating Officer

1. Of course he included you in the bunch. You had just done the very thing he was talking about.

2. What does him breaking rules have to do with anything? You just pulled that out of thin air. that had nothing to do with anything at all and you are making wild assumptions that he is breaking rules.

You know what, I am done with this conversation. If you and I were ever in public and you called me a name like you did the bus driver, well lets just say you got away really lucky with that bus driver. What you did was childish and there is no excuse for it. if you feel that he has no business dealing with the public then I submit that you have no business being in public.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #37
Certified Pretend Chef

Hey, how about those Red Sox!?
Old 03-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
1. Of course he included you in the bunch. You had just done the very thing he was talking about.

2. What does him breaking rules have to do with anything? You just pulled that out of thin air. that had nothing to do with anything at all and you are making wild assumptions that he is breaking rules.

You know what, I am done with this conversation. If you and I were ever in public and you called me a name like you did the bus driver, well lets just say you got away really lucky with that bus driver. What you did was childish and there is no excuse for it. if you feel that he has no business dealing with the public then I submit that you have no business being in public.

I don't have a job working with the public - he does. Haha!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #39
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Hey, how about those Red Sox!?
Yeah, how 'bout them Red Sox?!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #40
Executive Chef

In Honor of Stupid People

Thank you Charlie D for posting this. I was going back through and found this one. It was hilarious. I'm sure we see these things everyday, but don't even notice. And we pay people for the DUH FACTOR!

It's a shame we had a good thing that went bad though.
But we need more. Please.

Corey and Maverick.........TO THE WOODSHED!!!!