In Honor of Stupid People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait a sec Corey. Let me get this right. The bus has a rule that you must stand behind a safety line while the bus is moving. You break this rule and then insult the driver by calling him an idiot and then you think he is the one who does not deserve your respect???:ermm::ohmy::wacko::mellow::glare:

I stepped back when he mentioned it and I had appoligized.

So in my book, that should have been squashed.

He opened up a can of worms when he harped back on the subject after me having questioned him on the reliability of service on that line.

Sorry Corey, but calling someone an idiot for something like that is just plain wrong. I see nothing wrong with what the bus driver did and everything wrong with how you handled the situation. JMO.

The answer that he gave me was not the right answer.

I moved back behind the line when he asked me to. What was his problem that he couldn't answer the question properly?:ermm:

Just like about a month ago, I got on a bus through the back door. The driver became irate. I was willing to pay him. I had a montlhy link pass. He flatly refused to move the bus because I came on through the back door!! What was HIS problem? I also called him a stupid idiot and other words that I can't use here, because the jerk wanted me to go back out the back door!!:ohmy:

I went out the front door and waited for the next one. Upon reaching the last stop, I went over to the booth and reported him to the supervisor on duty.

The system stinks, the bus service is very poor on some routes and some of the drivers show no gratitude.

I got absolute zero tolerance for putting up with their negative aditudes and
stupid sarcasm!:mad:

Last edited:
Sorry Corey, but calling someone an idiot for something like that is just plain wrong. I see nothing wrong with what the bus driver did and everything wrong with how you handled the situation. JMO.

Sounds as if Corey stepped back and apologized for his mistake. And then bus driver gave an uncalled-for rude reply to Corey's question. That was wrong.

Lee

Who said it was an uncalled for rude reply? His answer could have been 100% correct. His line is delayed because people are not following the rules.

It sounds to me like Corey is breaking the bus rules and then when the drives call him on it then he calls them names. First with stepping over the line and then with entering through the back door. Sorry, but calling someone a stupid idiot is no way to gain respect. It is something that 3rd graders do and even they get in trouble when they do it.

Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

First off, the problem begins with long lines forming outside for buses and trollies because of those stupid Charlie machines that take so blasted long because they are so blasted slow.

The bus lines must then use what looks like the largest parking lot to transport passengers and are inching a crawling through too much traffic.

The bus line that I use is so blasted slow and crowded because put simply, there just aren't enough buses on that particular lines have buses coming through Maverick Square every five minutes.

Then to top it all off, I'm standing there, hurting with pain in my back and legs - too painful for me to walk home or stand there and continue to wait for about 45 minutes. And then I ask this jerk why it takes so blasted long for the bus to come and the stupid moron gives me a stupid sarcastic answer like that? I almost went through the roof! And I'm in the wrong?

Last edited:
That is all fine and good Corey, but that is no reason to call someone a stupid idiot. That is childish and non productive and just make you look bad. It does nothing to make your situation any better and can only serve to make it worse. It is not the bus drivers fault that the lines are long or the buses are crowded and even if it was then it certainly has nothing to do with his intelligence.

If he gave me a better answer than that one, there wouldn't have been any strife, but he planted the seed and I have reaped the harvest.

I'm not blaming him for the long lines and slow movement of the traffic. But if he didn't give that answer, then things would not have gone that far.

Last edited:
And what if his answer was correct? Delays can most certainly be caused by people not obeying the rules.

And what about the guy whose bus you entered from the back? Did he plant the seed too?

The only thing you reaped was to show your maturity level.

The answer that he gave me was not the right answer.

I moved back behind the line when he asked me to. What was his problem that he couldn't answer the question properly?:ermm:

Just like about a month ago, I got on a bus through the back door. The driver became irate. I was willing to pay him. I had a montlhy link pass. He flatly refused to move the bus because I came on through the back door!! What was HIS problem? I also called him a stupid idiot and other words that I can't use here, because the jerk wanted me to go back out the back door!!:ohmy:

I went out the front door and waited for the next one. Upon reaching the last stop, I went over to the booth and reported him to the supervisor on duty.

The system stinks, the bus service is very poor on some routes and some of the drivers show no gratitude.

I got absolute zero tolerance for putting up with their negative aditudes and
stupid sarcasm!:mad:

cory, didn't u know u can't go up the down stairs . lol old movie line.

i am with u, people that meet the public can be very rude. i don't care if they are having a bad day or just plain rude all the time. i call them on it whenever it occurs. if they don't like dealing with the public, then they should get a job where they don't have to.

case in point, went to dr. yesterday for 4 pm appointment. at 415 i went to desk and asked how much longer. the girl was rude and implied that i was just a stupid old lady. i did get in right away. i figure they set the time for me to be there and i was. i understand they can get behind, but fifteen mins is about all i wait patiently. my time is as valueable :neutral: as theirs.

babe

One person going past the line? And I moved when he asked me to, so why the nasty sarcastic answer?

Bottom line; he could have provided a better answer than that. Unless he was being funny, which I was in no mood for. I was hurting, in pain and stressed out.

He did not say that it was because of one person. You asked why the line was always so late and he responded that it was because of people (plural) standing in front of the line. The way I took that response was that when people break the rules it causes delays.

Either way, calling him a stupid idiot was in no way shape or form an acceptable response. Didn't your mother ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? Didn't your grade school teachers ever teach you that name calling is never called for? Regardless of how the driver acted, you acted poorly.

He did not say that it was because of one person. You asked why the line was always so late and he responded that it was because of people (plural) standing in front of the line. The way I took that response was that when people break the rules it causes delays.

Either way, calling him a stupid idiot was in no way shape or form an acceptable response. Didn't your mother ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right? Didn't your grade school teachers ever teach you that name calling is never called for? Regardless of how the driver acted, you acted poorly.

1. He included ME in the bunch. And the comment WAS directed at me.

2. If he's going to say that people are breaking that rule, then I'd like to know how many rules he broke concerning bus driving.

3. That is just a copout for his idiocy.

4. I'm just sick of some of them. They act like they're above everyone else
when they put their pants on the same way; one leg at a time.

5. If he feels that way, then he has no business dealing with the public. He should go get a job washing dishes or something.

1. Of course he included you in the bunch. You had just done the very thing he was talking about.

2. What does him breaking rules have to do with anything? You just pulled that out of thin air. that had nothing to do with anything at all and you are making wild assumptions that he is breaking rules.

You know what, I am done with this conversation. If you and I were ever in public and you called me a name like you did the bus driver, well lets just say you got away really lucky with that bus driver. What you did was childish and there is no excuse for it. if you feel that he has no business dealing with the public then I submit that you have no business being in public.

1. Of course he included you in the bunch. You had just done the very thing he was talking about.

2. What does him breaking rules have to do with anything? You just pulled that out of thin air. that had nothing to do with anything at all and you are making wild assumptions that he is breaking rules.

You know what, I am done with this conversation. If you and I were ever in public and you called me a name like you did the bus driver, well lets just say you got away really lucky with that bus driver. What you did was childish and there is no excuse for it. if you feel that he has no business dealing with the public then I submit that you have no business being in public.

I don't have a job working with the public - he does. Haha!!:LOL:

Last edited:
Thank you Charlie D for posting this. I was going back through and found this one. It was hilarious. I'm sure we see these things everyday, but don't even notice. And we pay people for the DUH FACTOR!

It's a shame we had a good thing that went bad though.
But we need more. Please.

Corey and Maverick.........TO THE WOODSHED!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom