In memory of my best friend........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoke king

Sous Chef
I know that there are more important things in the world. But right before the fourth of July, my best friend, my little Jack Russell terrier, Bailey, took ill. We didn't think too much about it, but when we took her to the vet, we were informed that her Kidneys were severely failing, and we needed to discuss euthanasia.:(

We cancelled all of our holiday plans, and spent the the entire week with her-playing & swimming with her (when she was able) and loving and comforting her when she was not.

Within a week, her sickness had progressed to the point where we had to let her go. If I live to be a thousand, I will never forget that horrible day, and I relive it every morning, afternoon and night. After 6 weeks, I still cry every day. Everything reminds me of her, and I still find myself looking for her, hearing her tags jingle and so on, even though I know shes gone. For the life of me, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I hate to admit it, but I've had people close to me die and I didn't react this way. She was barely 4 years old and it seems so unfair.

I'm posting this thread as a memorial-to my best friend, my constant companion-a little dog that brought so much joy to my life. who never judged me and who always loved me unconditionally no matter what. My hope is that this post will travel the world and she will be on the mind of everyone who reads it, if only for a brief moment.

Thanks to all of you for allowing me the opportunity to honor my best friend.

I truly understand the pain and sadness of losing your friend. I'm soooo sorry to hear about it. I think it was a blessing that you were able to spend quality time with her prior to her departure. This makes me remember my dearly departed companion Buster.

My respects to you and your best friend. May she live on in your memories.

Sattie, I'm so sorry; I know what it is to lose a furry friend. My thoughts are with you as you mourn your little Bailey. You will see him again someday.

May some peace come to you soon. May you soon remember all the good times...I have been in your position with a little black doxie..She was with me no matter what and that day came for us too, It's been a year and I still see her eyes looking at me as the vet did what needed to be done..Believe me it still hurts and the tears still come, but most of the time I just remember that little puppy my son placed in my arms...Then I know I did the right thing that day. Peace and sweet memories to you.
kadesma

I'm sorry for your loss, smoke king.
Two of my customers had their pets pass on yesterday, the one under horrible circumstances. I'm sure those who knew Bailey besides you will miss her, too.

Within a week, her sickness had progressed to the point where we had to let her go. If I live to be a thousand, I will never forget that horrible day, and I relive it every morning, afternoon and night. After 6 weeks, I still cry every day. Everything reminds me of her, and I still find myself looking for her, hearing her tags jingle and so on, even though I know shes gone. For the life of me, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I hate to admit it, but I've had people close to me die and I didn't react this way. She was barely 4 years old and it seems so unfair.

I'm posting this thread as a memorial-to my best friend, my constant companion-a little dog that brought so much joy to my life. who never judged me and who always loved me unconditionally no matter what.

Thanks to all of you for allowing me the opportunity to honor my best friend.

I know too the heartache. After having Magee (my Lilac-crowned Amazon parrot) for 15 years, through marriage, divorce, many driving trips to Florida on my shoulder and everything in between. He was my one constant through those years, he caught a cold to phnemonia and died 3 days later in my hands. My heart couldn't hurt more. And still does telling you here. And I lost him in 1992.
I never did get another bird, but have the 'new' love of my life - Parker, the weiner dog for the past 6 years. He fills my heart now. But each 'baby' is different and it takes time. Allow yourself to grieve. There are no rules.

Thanks for sharing. Alot of us do feel your pain.

PS...No, there is nothing more important than love!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I do know how it feels to lose a beloved furbaby.

((hugs))
LadyCook

smoke king, please accept my sympathy. Your post made me cry as to the beautiful memorial to your Bailey. I have lost so many, one indeed to kidney stones. After having them removed several times, the fourth time I told the vet enough! I did not want her to go through another surgery He completely understood after having so many surgeries.

Your post was so expressive and just gave us an idea of the love you had for your Bailey. i really feel they don't leave but stick around. In my heart, I pray that I will see all of them again and they will know me. Maybe they are with Bailey now enjoying one another.

thank you very much for posting about your feelings. As I said, you did good and sure made me appreciate how a little dog can make such a difference in person's life. I hope that in the days to come you will consider getting another gift in your life. Too good to do without.

sorry for your loss .. we lost a good friend .. brutus ...
he was 13 .. and i know how bad it can make you feel ...

What a beautiful post and way to honor your dog's life. She sounded like a wonderful little dog, I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. I am so sorry for your loss. I am thinking of Bailey tonight and you.

I'm sorry for your loss Smoke. It's been 9 years since I put Max (my boxer down).
2 years for Disney (my cat), and I still miss them everyday.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
I feel your loss as I have lost my favorite kitty :"Mooky" I still miss him after all these years

Sorry SmokeKing for the loss of Bailey. I have had to put down five cats since 2000. I still miss them all. Nothing ever lessens the grief but time does allow you to not think about them so much with so much pain.

Bailey is now known and mourned on the other side of the world.

I believe in the Rainbow Bridge - no God worth his/her salt would fail to include these wonderful companions!

Your heart expanded for her company and now aches for her departure.

My wish for you is that when the time is right you will find another heart to beat with yours and in that way honor her memory as well.

Big hugs from me and Gidgett!

To all of you who took the time to respond to my post, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Tears stream down my face as I read...and re-read each and every one. I've been praying every day since that awful day (July 7) not really knowing what I was praying for-I just knew I couldn't handle this on my own, so I turned to God.

And I believe that each and every one of you are the answer to those prayers, and I would like to thank you all-you can't begin to imagine how much it means to me.

As I've said on many occasions, the people on DC are special-different than the people who frequent other forums. And even though we've never met, I feel you all make me a better person-and I'll be eternally grateful for knowing you.

Thanks Again-ands may god bless you and yours.

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!! I can't see through my tears. I am so very sorry. Remember all the good times and wet kisses. Remember her energy and the joy YOU brought to her life as well has what she brought to yours. Don't get stuck in "that day". That's not fair to her memory - she was so much more than that. :flowers:

:( I also am sorry for your loss it's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I also believe in the Rainbow Bridge. I still cry for my pets that are gone but never forgotten.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom