"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
... the owner was given a citation ....
He should be shut alone with his dogs, not a citation.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Mr. Kakazu is in serious condition as of this morning. Mr.Kakazu just stepped out of his house to see why his neighbors dogs were barking when he was attacked. My sister was in our open carport washing her car that very morning.

I LOVE dogs and have always owned one. One of my dogs was a Staffordshire pitbull. Lani was by far the sweetest and gentlest dog you would ever meet. Yes, I own a chihuahua, and thank goodness, we were not in the yard that morning.

Would you believe the police let the owner of the dogs take them home after issuing a citation? Unbelievable! The dogs should have been taken to a shelter untill the owners make darn sure these dogs cannot get out of their yard again.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Does anyone understand why someone would want to own this type of dog with that kind of outcome? So many breeds of dogs and people know this is evident with some. Like the man who owned a python, slept in the same room with it. They found him dead this morning. People do create their own futures when they don't apply precaution in their selection. Pit Bulls to me, are just like people who aren't to be trusted. I am sure this man who was attacked did not provoke these dogs in any way. Now his life is ruined with this occurrance. This is upsetting to anyone except the owner of the dogs and he must have been aware of the possibility. My one neighbor has 2 Doberman and 2 Pit Bulls. That sends me the message he doesn't want someone bothering him. if they come into my yard again I will not hesitate to contact authorities, that is if I have the chance. I am not a fan of vicious dogs. That is my opinion.
wasabi, if I remember correctly you had a small dog. How is he doing? I thank you for sharing this information with us. Dogs reveal a lot about their owners. I know you mean no one harm with your precious dog. May no harm come to him or you. Hope you doing okay?

Amen...what I can't stand is that the owner's have no more regard for human life than to allow vicious animals to be loose on the street. They must have known there was a potential for serious harm to be done. They should have done whatever was needed to prevent something like this from happening. I just don't get it.

The Glory of God is Man Fully Alive!
Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Jenny

Amen to that! What kind of world do we live in? Granted these kind of dogs are okay to their owners but they can turn too. If you have a explosive around the house why take a chance that someone will get hurt. The guy gets to keep the dogs? Was he a politician or something? Someone has their wires crossed. How do you think the man who was attacked feels? That's who i think about. Isn't fair. If my dogs would do something like that I would want them out of my sight. I love my dogs but this would be too much for me to continue wanting them. When it comes to having someone's life being threatened, that's where someone should draw the line. Even the owner himself should be shot to accept this. Sorry but people really don't have brains to allow something like this to take place. I hear this too often to want a pit bull.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #15
Executive Chef

The owner of two dogs that attacked a 73-year-old man Wednesday in Waipahu has put the animals down, according to the Hawaii Humane Society.

A Humane Society investigator interviewed the wife of the victim.

Masao Kakazu's wife called the attack a nightmare and said her husband could have died.

The two pit bull dogs that attacked him were running loose Wednesday and bit the man on his legs, side, neck and arms.

Kakazu's wife said her husband will be in a hospital for several more days.

Honolulu police cited the dog's owner for violating the dangerous dog law, which carries a penalty of up to 30 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #16
Executive Chef

I hope the poor man has really good insurance - his bills will probably be more than the fine to the owners...to mention nothing of his pain and horror.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Labrador

hope the successful operation will help other people like me to live again," said Isabelle Dinoire, 38, who was disfigured when she was attacked by her pet Labrador retriever.

This lady had a 'face transplant' due to her Labrador attacking her! It was HER pet!! I didn't know Labradors were vicious too. This poor lady is getting some kind of transplant. How in the world does that happen? What a scary story that the dog bit her face. I t is not 100 per cent secure to have a big dog. This is kind of shock to me. I thought they were nice dogs you could t ake to hospit al to let kids play with it.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #18
Master Chef

I've believed for a long time now (to include working for a vet for a year) that it is unfortunate, but in my life true, that certain breeds of dogs attract bad owners. They have a reputation of being mean, then people acquire them because they like that image, or, in many cases, want the dogs to scare off the police and protect their crop or stash. Then they don't care for them as the dogs -- all dogs, all pets -- need to be cared for. While I don't ascribe to "no bad dogs", I do believe that some breeds just attract people who won't care for them. I choose small breed dogs (Jack Russell Mutts right now). Among the reasons is that if they bite someone, they will hurt their --- calf? In fact, neither dog has ever bit anyone, and I've been told by some that JRs are mean and biters. I do tend to be leery of certain breeds when I meet them on the street, especially if unattended. At 5'10 and 190 lbs, trust me a 40-lb or less dog won't do too much damage to me. I think the worst thing I saw was when I first started working for the vet, someone came in with a 3/4 grown rotty wearing a choke chain that barely fit. I told him (vet, vet tech, and office manager all repeated it) that they should buy a new collar. Six months later the dog came in with that same choke chain imbedded into his skin around his neck, and had to be surgically removed. I'd been warned that the dog could be mean when he came in as a puppy, can you imagine what he was like at this point? Yes, you need to be wary of these breeds, but mostly because they simply attract mean people as owners.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Yes, you need to be wary of these breeds, but mostly because they simply attract mean people as owners.
I agree, 100%.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Mean Owner

Claire, you tell me you think this lady was mean to the dog? She said she was on some kind of medication and didn't even realize what the dog had done until she looked in the mirror? Can you believe this? the doctor said she st arted smoking again which he didn't think was right. what kind of woman is she? Feel sorry for her but than all this admittance of her not knowing what he did? This story just makes me wonder what kind of medicat ion would do t hat? Thanks for input Claire, you sure gave me info to th ink about. I just heard Labs were such easy going dogs? I wish no one any bad experience wit h any animal.

How you doing Claire? Haven't seen you on here or did I not look at your response. thanks