in-n-out’s secret menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know where most of the stores are in Southern California, and I've eaten at nearly every one of them!

:pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig:

BTW, the story left off one standard menu item -- lemonade.

Well, I've been to In-n-out burger, and while it was good, I truly failed to see what all the fuss is about.

Sorry.. :rolleyes:

John

pdswife said:
I wish they
had these in Wa. I'd love to try one.

Do you have a Burgerville near you? Their secret sauce is very similar and their burgers are very good and very messy!

Now that we are back in the midwest, neither for us ... :(

JMediger said:
Do you have a Burgerville near you? Their secret sauce is very similar and their burgers are very good and very messy!

Now that we are back in the midwest, neither for us ... :(

We don't in Seattle but
in my home town in Oregon ( I'll be there this weekend) there is a Burgerville) maybe, we'll stop and get a burger for old times sake.

:)

pdswife said:
We don't in Seattle but
in my home town in Oregon ( I'll be there this weekend) there is a Burgerville) maybe, we'll stop and get a burger for old times sake.

:)

Enjoy! I miss their sweet potato fries in the fall ... and their Tillamook cheese burger ... oh my.

yep... the last time I was there... a few years ago I had those fries. Yummy!

ronjohn55 said:
Well, I've been to In-n-out burger, and while it was good, I truly failed to see what all the fuss is about.

Sorry.. :rolleyes:

John

I felt the same the first time I was there, maybe the first few times, but it's one of those food things that grows on you for some reason. The food is high quality (for fast food), nothing frozen, fresh leaf lettuce, sliced tomatoes and onions, all made to order, simple menu, few kids running around, reliable, superbly clean, all well-managed family-owned stores, and the food simply tastes good -- something one realizes about the same time that the addiction sets in. The vast majority of the chain's customers won't eat at other fast food outlets.

I used to love to listen to Mike Roy, a CBS radio chef who passed away several years ago. In-and-Out was one of his sponsors, and you could literally hear him drool as he waxed lyrical about a double-double (double meat, double cheese, the mainstay of the largely male clientele) and a chocolate milkshake made with real ice cream.

BTW, I think their frys could be better, even though they're made with fresh potatoes that are sliced right into the fryer -- animal style frys (covered with a pile of tiny grilled onions and burger sauce, which resembles 1000 Island dressing) are good, but they make me a little sick.

Maybe ya just gotta have a little bit of the piggy in ya to enjoy it!

:pig:

We don't have In-and-Out here in northern Virginia, but we do have Five Guys. Everything is fresh, burger toppings are added to order, and you pretty much get a lunch bag full of the most decadent fries. The joint near my house is always packed.

I have only recently heard of "animal style" and plan to try that next time (probably next week). There is one about a block away from my workplace.

I, too, was lukewarm to In-N-Out the first time and also wondered what all the fuss was about. However, I now find them far better than other fast food burgers. We also have a "Shoop's", which is really good, but it's more like a family run mini-chain. Red Robin is also a pretty good burger restaurant (good food and - at the one near my place - great service).

Back
Top Bottom