In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LEFSE- I work for Hampton Inn and Suites and for Hilton honors as long as it is reserved in the members name and whoever is staying in the room has the rewards certificate it can be used. As far as getting the certificate to the hotel for that person to use it can be faxed,with the name of who is using the room, to the hotel. As far as a Hampton Inn I know if someone were to tell me this story I don't know any of our front desk personel that would not try to help out. Someone might be able to call the hotel that she will be at and explain the situation and tell them what they want to do and the hotel can figure out how to go about it.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that they probably know this and if it is near the hospital, as in the case when my sister was in, the hotel staff actually asks if you are staying because someone is in the hospital and reduces your rate automatically.

Great idea Lefse. If you can post what chain of hotels she is staying in, we can all see if we have free nights or discounts. I'm pretty sure I have some deals on La Quinta Inns and I will check with other family members to see if they have points.

another thing, if you book rooms on line, like through hotels.com, or my web site, YTB Travel Network - Feastivals Travel, rates are almost always lower than booking by phone or in person.

Very true Chefjune, the only thing about online reservations is that most of the discounts aren't available unless you call and ask.

Things can also be sent to the hotel for Katie.

Yes, but if people are donating $$ we have been sending it to Alix who in turn sends in "lumps" to assure Katie gets it. Other things can be sent but the safest way to send money is like we have been doing IMHO.

I agree, but an unexpected card or flowers or whatever waiting for Katie when she gets back from the hospital will help keep her spirits up.

I agree, but an unexpected card or flowers or whatever waiting for Katie when she gets back from the hospital will help keep her spirits up.

Not disagreeing with that at all! :flowers:

Katie??? Our thoughts and prayers are still headed your way!

I prayed to God today that I could find some way to help.. I wish I could donate so badly.. I would donate everything I could.. I am running up a debt without working and I don't even have a penny to my name..

If there is ANYTHING those of us who can't donate can do other than pray for Buck and Katie, please let us know.

It is heartwarming to see the community here teaming together during this unfortunate time.

{{{{DC}}}}

My thoughts and prayers are dedicated to Katie and Buck. Keep us posted when you can ! Keep up your own strength Katie, Buck needs as much of it as he can get.

I have a cert for a free night at Raddison anywhere. Would like to give it to her but don't know if it would help or not. Also have those points for hotels I've been gathering for years.

Finances are a tough one you never know what will help and what won't. I guess adding anything combined with anything else adds up.

I hope this is all a blur to this family very soon and they can restart their lives both celebrating good health.

I'm continuing to pray as well. I am also praying for everyone who has anything to do with Buck's care, and everyone you have to deal with at the hospital, motel, restaurants, everywhere Katie, that their thoughts, words, and actions will all help uplift you both.

Barbara

This'll be quick. Buck was taken by plane yesterday afternoon to a hospital in Nashville, TN. He didn't fare well in the transfer. Son, Aaron, was able to be in the plane with him.

Daugher-in-law, Stacey, (Aaron's wife) drove to Nashville, so I didn't have to worry about driving.

By the time Buck got to the Nashville hospital, he had to be intubated. His repiratory system was the strongest system, so the doctor felt it was important to preserve it. The only thing he wanted to let us know was that, if the tube couldn't be removed, he wouldn't be able to "say" his good-byes. I told the doc to put the tube in because I wanted Buck to have all the chances he could get.

So far a place to stay hasn't been a problem. The hospital has an "inn" on campus for families who have critically ill members as patients. I qualified as one of those family members.

Lots of tests have been done. Still a BP, liver and kidney, potential cancer issue, with the addition of internal infection. From what? Don't know yet. He's being given antibiotics.

He's kept mildly sedated so he doesn't pull out the tube in his throat, which means he mostly just sleeps. I was beside him all night long last night holding his hand and catching a few moments of sleep with my head on the rail. Couple of times I pulled my hand a way, but he grabbed it and held tight.

Son, Chris, and his fiancee arrived about 5 a.m. today. So here we are and this is all we know.

As for flowers, there's really no way we could have/enjoy them where Buck is now. There's no real nurse's station, so they couldn't be put there. Just so's ya know.

I've skimmed a lot of the last part of this thread. I can't tell everyone how much we appreciate everyone's loving thoughts, prayers and generosity. Our cup runneth over.

I'll try to keep you updated.

Love,

Katie and Buck

((((Katie)and Buck))) thanks for the update. Continued prayers for all ...
love,
Diane

Last edited:
I was beside him all night long last night holding his hand and catching a few moments of sleep with my head on the rail. Couple of times I pulled my hand a way, but he grabbed it and held tight.
We are all holding on tight to both of you in our hearts Katie and Buck. We love you both.

Barbara

Back
Top Bottom