In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about Buck. I haven't been on the boards too much lately so I just today saw this thread. I can't imagine how worn down you must be Katie. You and Buck will certainly be in my prayers tonight.

I haven't been on here in a while and just came apon this thread. Katie I am so sorry to hear of all you and Buck are going through. Know that I will be praying that the Lord's healing hand would touch Buck and that you would be given strength to endure this battle you are facing! I will also pray that the Lord would continue to provide as he already has been by opening places for you to stay throughout the past few days.

:) I'm still here as well and will be as long as it takes. I am saddened at what has happened to Buck but still pray and keep both of you in my thoughts. As all the others on DC I will not give up and hope for a miracle. I care very much for the both of you and wish you only the best. Jackie

You know, Doctors can't account for everything. Sometimes, it is the will to live that prevails over everything they might say or predict. That and a lot of em are just afraid to be optimistic in case something does go wrong.
So, I will just assume for now they are being cautious and bet on Buck.

You know, Doctors can't account for everything. Sometimes, it is the will to live that prevails over everything they might say or predict. That and a lot of em are just afraid to be optimistic in case something does go wrong.
So, I will just assume for now they are being cautious and bet on Buck.
:) The fact that Buck held on to Katies hand when she pulled away is a testament to their great love and I know that Buck will do all in his power to not leave her. He must be a really strong man to not notice or even mention tiny symptoms before it all crashed down on him. I know in my heart he will fight for his life and not give up and I pray all our prayers and good thoughts will only make him stronger. I hope he comes out of this whole and returns to his beloved wife to sit on the porch a long, long time.
That's what I pray and wish for. They deserve many, many more years together.

Katie, as Buck reaches out for you in love and comfort and has your guiding strong spirit, we here are doing the same......we hold your other hand in warmth and love and giving you back the healing Spirit..........please know that we are holding on just as tightly and completing the circle of love all around you and your family

I’m back to my room and my brother, Kevin, is with me. I can’t be alone tonight.

No good news to report. About noon today Buck had a serious turn of bad events. He removed the intubation tube and his BP took a nose dive. This directly impacted his already damaged liver and kidneys. As a result, he was placed in the most intense of the intensive care of the hospital.

He was put on continuous dialysis to keep him comfortable until…

We took the restricted visiting hours this evening to say our good-byes, which was quite emotional. I haven’t cried this much and hurt so much since my daddy died in 1973.

Our two sons and their SOs got to spend some time with Buck. He even squeezed their hands in recognition.

The remaining two sons are leaving in the morning, from Atlanta, to get here as soon as they can. Not sure what daughter is going to do. She’s in Los Angeles.

My heart hurts.

**** it. Sorry guys, don't know why I keep getting so upset over this, I usually can hold it back much better.

I think for now this is what I will think about, I hope I don't offend anyone:

Katie:

"Buck and I were out on our front porch, as we always are this time of the year, enjoying the breeze and cooler temps than inside the house.

Our outside kitties were just finishing up their supper when Tumble, one of the almost 3-month-old kittens, rocketed onto my lap. "Love me mommy!"

Yep. Tumble and I had a long and loving "love" fest. Shortly thereafter, Shadow, jumped onto my lap for exactly the same attention.

Life is good and I KNOW I'm loved."

Katie, I am so sorry to hear things are going so badly and quickly. I can't even imagine what this is like for you. But the thing that came to mind for me was Thank God you are the strong, loving wife and mother who faces this head on and is helping everyone to say their goodbyes. If something unthinkable should happen to any one of us, what more could we want than our lifetime help-mate by our side? I know you will do what needs to be done and take care of everyone. We will be here ready to help you when you need us. And please send our love to Buck.

All I can do is cry right now. Buck we love you. If it is God's will that you go ahead to the other side, please believe that we love Katie and will do our best to take care of her for you, however we can. Katie, we love you and are here for you. I'm glad you have your family around you now. You also have your DC family around you in spirit. I just wish that there were more that I could do. I haven't stopped praying.

Barbara

Back
Top Bottom