In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pot clinger, I've only been on this forum for a little while too but it doesn't take long to feel at home here, so don't feel like you're intruding.

Someone walked by my office just now and asked why I looked like I'm about to cry. I couldn't find the words to explain and finding it very hard to type right now.

Katie, I can't find the words but I am thinking about you, Buck and your family and still sending out prayers and good thoughts your way.

I'm so sorry this has taken an hour but I just got home. Katie called right around 12:00. They have decided to pull everything and she wants everyone to know she can feel our love and arms around her. She is just absolutely heartbroken, I can tell you that for sure! She is so grateful for the generosity of those who have helped monetarily and can't say thank you enough because that is exactly what is needed at this time. She can't thank everyone enough for their prayers also and like I said, she can feel our love. She just kept saying "THANK YOU".

Katie - I know I can speak for everyone here, our hearts are yours right now.

I'm so sorry this has taken an hour but I just got home. Katie called right around 12:00. They have decided to pull everything and she wants everyone to know she can feel our love and arms around her. She is just absolutely heartbroken, I can tell you that for sure! She is so grateful for the generosity of those who have helped monetarily and can't say thank you enough because that is exactly what is needed at this time. She can't thank everyone enough for their prayers also and like I said, she can feel our love. She just kept saying "THANK YOU".

Katie - I know I can speak for everyone here, our hearts are yours right now.

Thanks for the update , Kitchenelf... :( Katie.. I know somewhat of what you are going thru, had to make a similar decision for my mother. ((big hugs)))
LC

Last edited:
Oh Katie, this is such a hard thing to do. I've been there myself and it is devastating even though you know it is the right course of action. How blessed Buck is to have his family surrounding him when he moves on to the next adventure. And even though your heart is breaking, it is a privilege to stand witness to the passing of another. We are all standing with you and Buck and love you very much.
Terry

Katie in some ways I feel so far away and yet also very close. This reminds me so much of my grandfather when he went and I really want to say you are in my thoughts & prayers as you go through one of the hardest times in your life.

My love aand strength goes to you.

sending you love, Katie.... and peace and light.

It's such a hard decision to make.

BIG hug. my eyes are filled with tears.

G-d love you all.

Thank you for the update.

Dear Katie, no words can express all I want to say. I have been praying for healing, but as we talked about the other day, this is just another type of healing. Buck will no longer be in pain. I am praying that God will wrap you in His loving arms and help you through this. I pray that He gives you the strength to go on, knowing that Buck is with Him, and that all the wonderful memories you have built up with Buck will put a smile on your face or make you laugh whenever you feel like it is all too much to bear. And remember that we will be there for you as well. We love you.

Barbara

Can't believe what I'm reading....
Katie, you can be sure, lots of thoughts and prayers are with you at this moment - and with buck.
I wish you all the strength you need to get through this..

In the midst of this heartache I am just so glad that you all had time to be with Buck and say everything you wanted to say.
" May the choirs of Angels come to greet him and lead him to paradise; May the Lord enfold him in his mercy and grant him eternal rest"

oh dear kate, i am so sorry you had to make this decision.

speaking from experience, you have a long and painful trip ahead of you.

just know i am here to hold your hand as is everyone of us here at dc.

sharing your sorrow

babe:(

I've been thinking ever since I read the latest update..... seems incredible and unbearably sad that all this has unfolded in less than a week.

Dear Katie, please take whatever strength you need from us. We are all here crying with you, and loving you, and sending you our good thoughts, and comfort and prayers.

I am at an absolute loss for words.... my heart is crushed and my prayers are with you and Buck, and your family. Much love to you Katie!

Katie:

God Bless you and your family.

Please know that we are here to help you through this incredibly hard time.

With Love, Jenny

:( It is never easy to sit and wait for something to come to pass especially something you don't want to happen. May God continue to give you strength and may you and your family remain bound in His love. You already have an idea of that from the love shared between you and Buck. That wonderful affection you showed each other is but a glimmer of what awaits Buck when he meets God. Hold onto the love you share.:heart:

images

Katie, our hearts are breaking for you and your family. Remember that if you feel yourself falling, you have hundreds of hands holding you up. There is not much else to say that anyone has not said already, except that..

We are here for you Katie.

Prayers and positive energy going up for you and yours Katie. God Bless,~Bliss

Katie such a hard decision to make. I'm glad you have your family with you lean on them and us when you need to. So SORRY!!!!

I can't express how sorry I am Katie, I am just crying for you and your family.
What a hard thing to choose, so fast, without warning. You were there for me when DH was going thru this with him mom regarding his gramma.
I'm so sorry. I wish I could do or say something better....
Bless you Katie. Hugs.

Back
Top Bottom