In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie, I remember like it was yesterday, the day thirteen years ago when I was about to head to the hospital to see my mother and my Dad called to say he was faced with the decision you made and wanted to know what my sister and I felt. It was very hard but I just thought of her suffering and what she would want and it was easier. My heart is breaking for you and your children. But know that Buck will be at peace. I love what Saphellae said about the hundreds of hands holding you up.

Our prayers are still with you all and will be as long as you need us.

It is so hard to find words to say in this situation, there is nothing I can say or do, to ease the unimaginable grief you must be feeling now, Katie. I, as all the rest of us, can offer our support and an e-shoulder to lean on anytime. I am so sorry for all of this, from the bottom of my heart. I could not imagine the choices you have had to make, but you are certainly strong, and please know you and the family will remain in my thoughts.

Katie, I am so sorry that you had to make that decision. Words cannot express what I am feeling. As everyone here has said over and over, know that we are all here for you.

really do not know what to say .. i am really sorry you had to go through this ...
just at a loss for words ..

I just talked to Katie - Buck passed at 3:10 Central time. She is going to be traveling back to KY as soon as they make all the arrangements. She sounded whipped and in "get it done" mode. She sends all her best and knows that we are all sending our love and prayers.

Oh, my! Tears are running down my cheeks and I am not even attempting to wipe them away. Even though I knew they removed the tubes I admit I was still praying for a miracle.

Katie, you have my deepest condolences and my prayers remain for you and your family.

Dear Katie and your family. Expressing sympathy is never easy. All I can say is how much we love you all and how sorry we are for your loss. God Bless you all.

Oh, Katie, I am so very sorry that you have lost your soul mate. I can't say anything that would lessen this pain but I will be keeping you and all the children in my heart and my prayers. And you know that there are so many of us here at the ready if there is anything we can do for you.
Love,
T

Oh my sweet Katie, I'm so so sorry for your loss I'm still here for you as well as the others here. I'm crying my heart out. I just don't know what to say to you to comfort you as there are no words. Just know I grieve with you and will be with you in heart and spirit for as long as it takes. Jackie.

I feel a bit awkward posting here because I'm new & you all really don't know me... it almost seems like I am intruding on your circle - but, for whatever it's worth, coming from a stranger... I first want to send my sincere heartfelt condolences to Katie & Buck and their family... and second, I would like to say that the warmth I've witnessed here on this board has renewed my faith in humanity. Blessings, Love & Light to All...

Well said pot clanger, and I wholeheartedly agree! You cannot NOT feel the warmth and caring among these people.

Even though I knew they removed the tubes I admit I was still praying for a miracle

We all were. I can't wipe away my tears either. Katie I'm so very very sorry.
Your family is in my heart and in my thoughts.

I am so very sorry for your loss. May you and your family find comfort and peace in your faith, love and memories. I can't imagine there is a single DC member who is not offering prayers in your name today.

God took Buck on his last journey.
Know that we are all with you on your journey back to Ky., where you will still have our support, love and prayers.
Please be kind to yourself and give yourself the time you need to be with friends and family, and alone time. Don't be afraid to speak up for what you need. People don't know what to do sometimes, so speaking up helps all.

Safe and speedy journey, Katie & family.​

Words can not tell you how sorry I am Katie. He was a great man and we will never forget him. I wish I had more words to say, but there are none.

Back
Top Bottom