"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #241
Executive Chef

It's true. I've never seen prayer vigils like the one that has been going on since Buck got sick. At least, not on a non-religious site. And that people are able to share some money when times are so tight just speaks to what a special group this is.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #242
DC Grandma

Yes, they can use all the help they can get. When my son was at Stanford Universety waiting for the bone marrow transplant they were paying $4,200.00 per month rent. that was on top of all the other expensess. when he passed she was left with $25,000 on her credit card.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #243
Chief Eating Officer

I called the last hospital he was in and asked about flowers. They said they were not allowed in the room, but they try to arrange the flowers outside the rooms so they could be seen. I would guess that would be the same at this next hospital, but don't know for sure. Flowers are nice, but $ will help them much more.

I want to add how amazed and honored I am to be part of this group. People have dug deep into their pockets in a time when money is tight and have been selfless and generous beyond words. I have so much respect for the membership here. All of you are amazing the way you have all pulled together during this horrible crisis. There is just so much love here.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #244
Master Chef

I am trying to remember the time I spent in the ICU, I had a plant buy yea not much room for anything else. We could also think about sending them to her hotel room...
Of course, send money they need for gas, meals, hotel first, but if there was any left over I think some nice flowers with a prayer or gift basket would be good.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #245
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I too would like to thank those that have gone far beyond the call of duty for an e-friend/family.

As I expressed with another member, I love this family and feel as though I have known them for years when in reality, we have never met. bad things happen to great people, but it is with a community like this, here at D.C., we can show that the W.W.W. has a heart.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Katie and Buck.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #246
Master Chef

Kinda amazing, I have only been here about 5 months now...
Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #247
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Katie, I just came back after several days away and saw the thread. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Buck.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #248
Chef Extraordinaire

i have just spoken with my son on the phone. he will pray and also alert his church prayer chain. they will pray for kate and buck.

babe
Old 06-16-2008, 10:03 PM   #249
Sous Chef

Site Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Andy R Send a message via AIM to Andy R Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Yahoo to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R
Kate,

I am so sorry to hear about what is going on. I've just said some prayers for Buck.

Stay strong.

Andy
Old 06-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #250
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
I haven't been on in a few days and really wish I could do more than just good thoughts and prayers. Too well, I know what it's like to watch someone go through something and have no control over it and no way to stop it. You both stay in my thoughts and I hope for a miracle for you.

I cannot help but wonder if CJ being sick has anything to do with Buck's illness or vice versa....