In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ascension

And if I go,
While you are still here,
Know that I live on,
Vibrating to a different measure
Behind a thin veil you cannot see through
You will not see me,
So you must have faith.
I wait for a time when we can soar together again
Both aware of each other.
Until then live your life to the fullest.
And when you need me,
Just whisper my name in your heart,
I will be there

Ascension

And if I go,
While you are still here,
Know that I live on,
Vibrating to a different measure
Behind a thin veil you cannot see through
You will not see me,
So you must have faith.
I wait for a time when we can soar together again
Both aware of each other.
Until then live your life to the fullest.
And when you need me,
Just whisper my name in your heart,
I will be there
That is beautiful I just might have to make this in a frame as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Dave. I almost called Buck to come and read those beautiful words. I would love to find a copy of it to have in a frame by my bed. The words are so comforting. Thank you, again.
((Katie)) I'm sure Buck was at your side reading along with you...love and energy, Vicki

Candle has been lit and thoughts & prayers go out again to you as you deal with things to come.
I always told my daughter, talking about the loss of someone. When you are missing them look to the sky and find the brightest star shinning and that will be the one you missing shining down on you, letting you know all is ok and they are with you.
God Bless
ss

Good morning Katie. I woke up thinking of you this morning. Hoping you are getting some much needed rest and respite.
Let us know when or if you need us, please.

Thanks, quicksilver. I've been getting about 5 hours of rest per night. Just can't sleep. It's not the same without Buck beside me.

Our daughter, Nicole, and I are going into "town" today to do my regular 2-weeks' shopping. She's going to take me out to lunch and make a day of it. Should be a pleasant diversion.

Nicole and her husband will leave tomorrow to go back to Los Angeles tomorrow afternoon, then it'll just be me and my kitties.

Thanks for thinking of me.

I think all of us think of you and Buck more often than we mention, but this morning you were my waking thought.
Enjoy your time with your daughter. My mom and I were best friends, like two teens, shopping. Our individual humor fed off each other. I miss her dearly everyday.

As for Buck, he is with you. You can not touch or see him. But inside, in your heart and spirit, he is and always will be with you. So talk to him while you are in bed, not able to sleep. It may just sooth you into slumber..... And, he may just talk back in a new way.
And it may just make you smile.

Be well Katie. And thanks for visiting each day and sharing yourself with us.

Katie,

even if you feel alone with your kitties, you won't be..
I'm sure Buck will be at your side and most of us will think of you ;)

Dear Katie, any words I write seem inadequate and cliched. I know that tomorrow will be difficult as you begin to settle into your new, more solitary life. Please know that you can come to DC anytime and tell us how you are feeling. That may help a little, I don't know. Buck was a strong, bright spirit, and I am certain that he will not be leaving you anytime soon. I know it is not the same, but it may bring you some comfort.

Katie, I'm 30 now and spending the day with my mom is still my favorite thing to do (and always will be). I bet you make her as happy as she makes you. Enjoy your time today out and about.

then it'll just be me and my kitties.

Actually, that's not quite true. Physically, yes, I'm just a phone call away and you already know I accept calls at any hour :LOL: Everyone is here for you. I know it's different when you turn the lights off but when those covers come up around you think of them as Buck's love!

Katie,
My heartfelt sympathy goes with you. I don't post here often but do check in once and awhile. Reading all the wonderful things these amazing people on this site wrote made me cry.

My husband's dear mother passed away on June 2nd (she was 84)with 6 of her 8 children at her bedside. Such a blessing not to be in the hospital with all Buck had to go through. She told me she was in God's waiting room!!
My prayers are with you.
Barbara

Last edited:
Katie,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been offline and didn't know until today what had happened. You're in my thoughts and I'm sending you positive energy. You have a lot of friends here. We're all thinking of you and Buck.

you know I just admire the fact that you still post, Katie,........and you don't drop out of life......you're strong and you remind me of a stream in TX named after a very strong woman ........won't tell you its name now......will later......

Back
Top Bottom