In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Katie

Just caught this. I am thinking & praying for you. You are not doing this alone, we are here in strength to support you. We can't be there physically but we are mentally and sending you strength in prayers.

Ray

Oh Katie, my heart is breaking for you. Everyone who knows you knows Buck is your other half - almost literally. It must be torture being separated from him when he is sick and to have no one else to take over the daily life responsibilities. You are the person everyone leans on and looks to for help and support. Nows the time to open up and ask for help - even if it's someone you don't know very well.

Find a neighbor or business associate or a client of Buck's or even a police officer and ask if you give them a big bag of cat food, will they feed your kitties daily. All they can do is say no but I'm sure someone will be glad to do something to help. Sometimes others need a chance to do the giving and you have to receive. Otherwise I'm afraid you won't be able to hold up physically, sweetie.

As far as the hospital, you can probably work your way into being able to stay with him most of the time. Almost all of the larger hospitals allow this now and maybe you can help this one catch up. Ask and ask. As long as you are polite and respectful (which you always are) they will probably bend the rules for you a little.

I'm praying so hard for your Buck and you, too. Please tell him when you see him that we're all worried and to work hard to get well and come back to you and all of us.

Love,
Terry

Oh Katie, Katie - I hope you know how much the people on this board love you and Buck and pray for his quick recovery. I only wish we could be there with you to hug you and provide more comfort. If we could transport ourselves, you know we would be there, feeding your kittens, putting your groceries away, driving you to the hospital. I know you have a million things on your mind, but hope you can get back to us ASAP and let us know what's going on and how you are both doing. Love, Karen

:) I'm sending prayers and positive energy to You and Buck. Wish I could be there as well to do your chores. There must be somone who can jump in and help you out. Perhaps the church can help you.

Katie, my thoughts are with you and Buck. A big hug to you, if you need anything we are a click away. Let him know we are all pulling for him!

HOLY CRAP.. im sorry to hear about buck.. Please keep us updated and let us know what we can do to help

Please know that I along with everyone here send you and Buck most positive thoughts and wishes for a most speedy recovery!! You're in my thoughts and I shall be coming back here to hear good news of how you two are doing.

Katie, I love reading your posts of you and Buck sitting outside watching the kittens, etc. The love and closeness between you shows so very much.

I am sorry I am posting late on this but I just found this thread. My prayers are with you both and with the doctors as well. But be firm with the hospital staff. I have been going through this same thing with DD and her fiance. They can't make you leave his side. And even if they want you to take breaks, you can go into the lounge and rest or make phone calls, etc. But you need to be with him....for both your sakes.

I wish I was closer and could do something other than pray but you certainly have that now and as long as is needed.

But remember you are not alone - you have us.

I'm back. Arrived home about 5 p.m. I'm whupped.

Where do I start?

So far he's had 4 units of blood and 1 unit of platelets. He's on a potassium chloride drip and something else to aid coagulation. Off oxygen now.

Fortunately he's peeing like a racehorse now, which shows better kidney function. Urine is still very dark and he's still passing blood in his stool.

Had an ultrasound done of his liver, in the room, this morning. Couldn't risk taking him anywhere because his BP was still low...60/32. They wanted to do a CAT scan of his kidneys, but couldn't because, again, the BP was not high enough or stable enough.

The internist came in just before I left and said the ultrasound showed a small "mass" in the liver. The doc said that is low on the list of worries until the cause of the bleeding is found. He felt it was either in Buck's throat or his stomach, or both. Wants do do a scope test to see, but not until the BP is better.

So here we sit. At the mercy of the BP gods. Doc says tomorrow may be the day for one or both tests. I hope so.

Buck is in good spirits and said he doesn't feel overly worried about what's been learned so far. He said he feels it will all be taken care of and everything will turn out well.

Got thrown out of Buck's room, per "policy," even with Buck begging them not to. It's a crappy policy. However, I did persuade the late afternoon nurse to let me stay a bit over an hour. When I left at 4:30, his BP was 105/47. Small improvement, but we'll take it.

I just finished telling the children. They seemed calm, which is good. They have loving spouses to sound off to, so that gives me some consolation.

Now, all I have to do is to tell Buck's 94-year-old mother when I talk to here tomorrow night. We always talk to her on Friday evenings and, with any luck, I'll have some additional information if the tests get done.

I'm trashed, I'm so tired, but maybe I'll crash tonight.

Buck wanted me to let you know how much he appreciates your love, support and prayers. It means a lot to him. To both of us.

I'm going to try to print off a bunch of your posts and bring them with me to the hospital tomorrow.

Thanks again.

P.S. I'm out on the front porch with my outside kitties.

Oh Katie, I've been checking the computer all day to see if we had heard from you. You and Buck have not been far from my thoughts during the day. Thanks for the update - I know there are many,many others longing to hear how Buck is doing - and how YOU are doing, too. The world sometimes just turns upside down in 24 hours. We should all realize that, because no one is immune - not even the really GOOD ones like you. I hope you get some real rest tonight and when you wake up in the morning, feel the arms of your DC friends around you.

My goodness Katie, tell Buck the guys from down under are thinking of him and wish him a speedy recovery -----
getWellSoon.jpg

Miss Katie...I wish I could sit you down to a big platter of fried chicken, rice & gravy, peas, cornbread and a big glass off tea!! Some chocolate ice cream for dessert too!!
Me and Buck could fight over the pully bone!!:LOL:

Get some rest...!! Ya gotta keep your strength up!!

Katie, we appreciate the update on Buck's condition. Sounds like the docs are doing the right things and Buck's feeling better so that's a good sign.

We will continue to keep you guys in our thoughts. Don't forget to take cae of yourself through all this.

Back
Top Bottom