In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Katie,
You are on my mind and in my prayers. Anniversaries are difficult whether it is one month or one year.
(((Hugs)))
LC

Katie,
While I might not say much, or often, The two of you are on my mind..Besides my parents, you two are all that one would want to be like..Your life together one we would try to emulate...You will always be the perfect couple in our eyes.
kadesma

Thanks, kadesma. I soooo appreciate your comments. Buck taught me how to really love someone and what made a perfect marriage. We had the kind of marriage I dreamed of as a little girl. I hope we set a good example for our children. I would want them to have what Buck and I had.

(((Katie)))On Tuesday when Jimmy and I were at the fair, I was thinking of you and Buck. Jimmy and I were holding hands throughout the day-whether it be in a cow barn or crafts tent or watching dockdogs jump in the water. I was imagining that the two of you would probably have done the same thing- shared inside jokes, smiled together and at each other.Shared the treats only fairs have to offer and just plain enjoy each others company. I know how lucky I am to be Jimmy's wife and I ALWAYS felt that is how you felt about being Buck's wife. I was watching John Edward this afternoon and a woman who had lost her child gave a simply amazing answer when asked where she found her strength-she said I "count blessings not losses"-it was a wow moment for me and it also made me think of you. In as much as I can relate to this woman in losing a child and knowing what a blessing it was to have had him in my life for 18 years-I hope her words can bring you some comfort and strength as well. With all the love and energy I can offer you, Vicki

((((KATIE)))), just thinking of you hun. I want to have what you and Buck have, and I've never met you! I hope we can all experience that level of friendship, love, and life. May we all be so lucky!

Last edited:
Kim and I both looked for that for many years...then we found each other.
You just need the right person.

Your sweetheart will always be with you, Katie. That's one thing you can count on.

My DH heard about Buck so many times over the past few years....... he.knew about his humor and helpfulness....when he became ill he heard me......then when Buck died he heard me cry.......such a wonderful man........Katie, you've been such a wonderful soulmate to him and a mentor to the rest of us.......I do know what a painful loss it is.....truly I do..........you're always in people's thoughts esp. those who knew Buck......that's why he will always be here........

Wow. I just finished reading all 16 pages, and had to wipe my eyes a number of times along the way.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm also amazed at the commitment of the group of people here towards friends. Having a support group is important, and I believe the more the merrier, even if it is an e-support group.

May God continue to bless you and your family.

Thanks, Stacey, quicksilver and BigDog. Thursday was three months since Buck died and it's still fresh to me.

There are days when I'm exhausted from having to be two people. Our experience with Hurricane Ike was more than exhausting.

I'm a like an alcoholic...one day at a time. Sometimes it's one hour at a time. Folks keep telling me I'm strong. I want to believe that, but I feel as weak as a kitten so much of the time. I miss being part of a team.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Katie, I don't chime in here so much, I'm just so crazy busy lately. But I want you to know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope that you got some help with the aftermath of the wind storm. We got socked here as well. 90% of the area lost power - we were in the dark for 5 days. No ice, gas, etc.

My Dear Katie,
I was thinking about you last night..wondering how your are etc.
I know how you are feeling..some days are better than others and then out of no where the tears flow. I had a complete breakdown about midnight. It was the song "Only You" by the Platters that started the tears.. I was going to dedicate that to Paul at my class reunion last year.It was one of the songs I had played at his service.

My thoughts and prayers are heading your direction..Love ya,
Marge
Dove
and the new pup..Buddy (Yorkie)

Strong or not, Katie, you're you. And it took the both whole of you to make the we. Not parts of you both. Life changes, and it sucks. But you, as a whole, are as many hats with or without Buck.

I'm glad for your good days, and know we're here for the bad ones as well. I know it's not the same, but maybe enough of a distraction to get you over the hump.
And always many many free {{{{{}}}}s as you need.............

Dear Katie, I think I was away from DC for more than 3 months. I only just got through reading about Buck. I'm deeply sorry for your suffering and tremendous loss. Sending as much positive thoughts as possible your way.

Chopstix

No One Can Know

No one can know just what you've lost;
No one can understand the cost;
But when you feel your energy drain,
Please count on us to help ease your pain.

Let us help you cope with grief;
We hope with time you'll feel relief.
We can't replace the one who's gone,
But let our concern help you carry on.

:flowers::flowers:
Prayers are still constantly with you, and I pray you feel his touch when you least expect it and it brings a smile to your heart!​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom