"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 06-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #321
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Katie, I am so sorry to hear things are going so badly and quickly. I can't even imagine what this is like for you. But the thing that came to mind for me was Thank God you are the strong, loving wife and mother who faces this head on and is helping everyone to say their goodbyes. If something unthinkable should happen to any one of us, what more could we want than our lifetime help-mate by our side? I know you will do what needs to be done and take care of everyone. We will be here ready to help you when you need us. And please send our love to Buck.
I couldn't have said it better.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #322
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Oh God no !! Katie I'm so sorry. Just like Barbara I'm crying right now. I wish I could be there next to you. Please tell Buck we love him.

middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #323
Certified Cake Maniac
Oh my. I just don't know what to say. Here I am enjoying a joyous event with my family and Katie, you are saying goodbye to the integrel member of yours. I agree with Terry that you are strong and if I could be half the person you are in the same situation, I would be a better person for it. Take heart that God will look after your Buck in heaven and that Buck will not suffer there as he is now. Know my prayers are still with you always.
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:40 AM   #324
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Dear Katie:

I know I'm physically far away, but I'm wrapping my arms around you just now, in a loving, warming hug. I wish I could take away at least some of your pain.

Lean with all your might on His Everlasting Arms.

we all love you very much..... Buck too, of course.
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 AM   #325
Contest Winner
Katie, My Heart is heavy for Buck and You all. GOD is watching over you all, and just remember we are all here for you.......

LOVE and Hugs Always James
If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:15 AM   #326
Chef Extraordinaire
Katie, it's all been said,now you store each and every happy moment deeply inside..Then one day in the not to distant future, you bring those memories out and savor them.. Right now the love and sorrow the prayers and good thoughts surround that hospital like a soft cloud, peaceful and soft.
I hope you can feel it and it lifts you..Please know just how very much you and Buck are loved.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #327
Master Chef
I don't know what to say, Katie. I used to ask why he took the pure and good ones and left the nasty ones. It made no sense to me until someone said, If he took the nasty ones, it wouldn't be called Heaven. I know this is true. It doesn't take the pain away, but, it helps to know that we always have the memories of someone so beautiful and made our lives here so wonderful. If we didn't have them, what would our life be? I will be thinking of you Katie and just know, there is a lot of love here for you and although we are not there to hold your hand in person, we are in our minds.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:20 AM   #328
Master Chef
Site Moderator
Katie I am so sorry. Know that you and your family are in my thoughs.
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:39 AM   #329
Senior Cook
I'm so sorry - you're in my thoughts and prayers.
TanyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #330
Sous Chef
It seems so unreal. You and your family must be truly shocked and traumatised by such a sudden and rapid turn of events.
Thank God your family are with you at this time. Your real family, and in spirit, your DC family.
It's so good to know that Buck is aware of those around him and that he can hear all the precious things you are saying.
Once more I pray that you and your family be lifted up and carried by the tidal wave of love coming to you from the wonderful people here.
God be with Buck,you and your loved ones Katie.

csalt is offline   Reply With Quote