"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 06-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #431
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Hey admins, maybe that could be a project for you,as a memorial,lol, I love volunteering others time. Seriously though, if someone can tell me how I could do it, I would...
I was actually thinking of something similar. I would love one that showed Buck's interaction with us. For instance, I just mentioned how Buck had a knack for saying what I was about to say before I could say it. I "accused" him of spying on me, and he admitted that he was spying on me and starting asking about all the empties in the spare room. He could always make me laugh. I think something like that might be a good memorial. Of course, we wouldn't want to do anything like this unless Katie was good with it.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:04 PM   #432
Master Chef
True, we would want to make sure Katie would be good with it. Maybe you could start something in the Admin Area that is off limits to the rest of us, put it all together and when she is ready you can show it to her and if she approves then move it out for the rest of us to see.

Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #433
Executive Chef
We just arrived home from our journey to New Mexico. Just walked in the door, thought about preparing dinner but had to get here first.

I am sad with everyone else here. I am so sorry. I am also glad that it wasn't over a long period if this was to be the outcome.

I pray for comfort for all concerned and and end to this and a beginning of what's to come in the form of a new future.

I have my arms around you and yours. Please someone, let us all know what we can do.
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #434
Head Chef
Hey Buck, go in grace.
Katie, from another relative newcomer,
if strength can be sent, I am sending you mine.
GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #435
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I'm so sorry Katie, you have my deepest sympathies.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #436
Certified Cake Maniac
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i have been reading posts by buck. one can see the kind , funny man that he was. a fitting memorial.

Babe, before I saw this post I also went and ready many of Buck's posts - ones I remembered fondly and others that were before my time here. While it was hard to laugh through the tears, it was a wonderful way to remember him.

I am also touched by the message to Buck on his visitor's page (where I added my own). A good way to pay respects to his memory.

I really feel that this whole experience will change the DC Community as a whole and each of us as individuals. I know I am forever changed by the last few days and I am sure I am not alone.
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #437
Cooking Links Contest Winner
Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
So so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. ((((( hugs )))))
~ Shannon

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #438
Master Chef
Hi Katie... I'm so sorry sweetie. I pray that the Lord give you and your family peace.

My heart is broken.
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #439
Chef Extraordinaire
good night everyone, i am just numb , no tears yet. i really must stay off this computer for a while.

good night kate

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #440
Executive Chef
Dear sweet Katie, I can't add any more than what everyone else has said. I have cried all afternoon I know how deeply close you and Buck were but remember both of you will still always be close. I know in my heart Buck will be around to watch over you. He will come in your dreams to comfort you and don't be surprised when he leaves little signs to let you know he his still around to let you know that he is still by your side. I know there is not much I can do from here in New Mexico but you have my heart and prayers. I wish you all the strength you need to carry on while you deal with life without your true soul mate in the physical world. In time it will get better even though it will be bitter sweet. But again do not forget that Buck will still be with you the whole way.
All my love, Jackie

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it." - Julia Child
jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote