"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #471
Senior Cook

Dear Katie,

My deepest sympathy to you and your children, and also to the DC family who loved Buck so much! He will be missed. Katie, we hope you come back to us soon....

Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #472
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis View Post
I, too, went back and read some of Buck's posts last night, after I read that he had passed (I still can't believe it!)

I got a kick out of this one, posted just over a year ago, on his birthday Discuss Cooking Forum - View Single Post - Happy Birthday, Buck!

One of Buck's legacies is his vast contribution to this forum. He will always live in all of our hearts and minds, as threads with his posts in them keeping popping up as reminders.

Katie, I hope you stay here with us - we need you, too!

Lee
QSis I do remember that post . He was so funny. So witty. I'm going to miss him terribly

Old 06-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #473
DC Grandma

Dear Katie,
don't be surprised if a light turns on for no reason...this happened to me three times. A touch lamp in my bed room and I was at least 12' away from it. Then the floor lamp next to my chair came on with all the lights on high..that should have taken 5 clicks with two different switches. I was falling apart at that time..my sister had flown home and I was alone. i said " Ok Paul, I'll calm down"

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #474
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
Dear Katie,
don't be surprised if a light turns on for no reason...this happened to me three times. A touch lamp in my bed room and I was at least 12' away from it. Then the floor lamp next to my chair came on with all the lights on high..that should have taken 5 clicks with two different switches. I was falling apart at that time..my sister had flown home and I was alone. i said " Ok Paul, I'll calm down"
Marge is right, Katie... and just when you least expect it, and need it most.

sending you more hugs and prayers.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #475
Master Chef

My dear Katie and family, there are no words of comfort when your heart is broken like yours. Your life will be strange for a while without your porch-setting partner. There will be many days of pain and lonliness even with others around. No one will ever replace Buck and there will always be a place for him in your heart and in ours. May God continue to keep you all in His love and care. Jean Ann
Old 06-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #476
Senior Cook

My deepest condolences.

-Josh
Old 06-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #477
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
Dear Katie,
Two or three times in the months following my mom's passing, I heard her voice (clear as day) say, "Barbara." Nothing else, I just heard my name. I'm sure that if anyone else had been in the room they would not have heard it, but I did. It was very comforting.

I also have dreams now and then, in which my mom and I are together, just hanging out. We are never doing anything exciting, just doing what we did together (eating lunch at a favorite restaurant, shopping, etc.). Whenever I have those dreams I wake up feeling very happy, just as if I had really been given a little more time to spend with her. With so many good memories of your life together, I'm sure that you will have similar dreams Katie.

Barbara
Old 06-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #478
Senior Cook

I'm very sorry
Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #479
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
oh, Katie. like a couple others here, i've been away for a while and only now saw this. you have my deepest condolences, and add my voice to the chorus of heartfelt sympathy. Buck is one of those wonderful warm hearts that make this forum what it is, and his words will be sorely missed.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #480
Senior Cook

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family during this most difficult time.