In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Katie, thank you so much for keeping us updated on Buck's condition. I hope today brings better news. Take care of yourself and Buck too! We're pulling for you..

(((Katie))) I am feverently saying prayers for Buck and you!! I will do an extra rosary today for Buck and also include you both in my meditations!!! Sending you all the love and energy I can offer, Vicki

Shocking to hear the pain such good folks are feeling now. I can tell you're so strong and Buck is safe now in the care of professionals. It's scary and sobering to have our stable lives disrupted by illness. I will be praying for your family, as you can never have enough prayers! Katie, it is kind of you to take the time to keep us all updated on how Buck's feeling. Hopefully it's therapeutic for you, too. I only wish there was more we could do to help you out. Good luck and best wishes to get well and home to the porch soon, Buck.

Just got off the phone with Buck's day nurse. She said when she came on at 7 a.m., his BP was 90/?, but now it was 130/60. She said they were trying to determine whether or not to do the "scope" test on his throat and stomach this morning. The key is whether or not his BP stays up. I have my fingers crossed. Hope when I arrive at the hospital at noon that the test will have been done.

As for me, I never got to the food last night. Will do some of it this morning. I stayed out on the front porch until after 8 last night. Was treated to a spectacular lightning bug show I couldn't take my eyes off. Plus, Miss Chief and her kittens were especially attentive. I know they sense something is amiss.

Came inside and had a supper of a roasted turkey leg, mixed veggies and a baked Vidalia onion, so you can be assured I AM eating.

Went to bed about midnight, usual time, read for a while and did sleep most of the night.

Okay, now I'd better get downstairs and feed my inside and outside children.

I'll let you know more when I get home later today.

Thanks, again, everyone for your comments, thoughts and prayers. It helps a LOT! You're my "family" right now.

Katie, You tell Buck that i expect him to give me a few cookin lessons when he gets back. Well they dont have to be lessons but at least some dang good ol recipes..

ill be waitin!

Katie,
I am so sorry you have to go through this alone. You have the support and love of all of us here. You and Buck were shuch a comfort to me when I needed someone. I will keep you two in my thoughts, prayers and heart.
love
Marge

Katie, I said many prayers in the night for you and Buck. I am so thankful that you were able to get a good rest because you need to look after yourself right now or you won't be any good for Buck. I will continue to pray for you both and look forward to your next update when you can.

Dear Lord, I pray for Your loving presence to surround Buck and Katie now. Let them know and experience your healing touch. Guide the physicians as they care for Your child Buck and may they provide him with the best care this world has to offer. We thank you for the wonderful example of love this couple has shown us through their marriage and the way they enjoy each other. Give Katie the strength she needs to support her Buck. We pray for all these things in your holy name. Amen

Thought I'd give everyone an update. I just received a call from Buck at the hospital. Called to tell me he was being taken to the OR to have a pacemaker implanted. He said, during the night last night, they observed his heart stopped beating several times.

I told him I couldn't get there in time. He said not to worry, the procedure is done under local anesthetic. He sounded good.

No history or heart problems, but his heart may have been damaged because of severe sleep apnea many years ago. He's been on a CPAP device for 10 years to treat the apnea.

Thank you, jabbur, your prayer was beautiful. I'm going to have to find an extra reserve of strength somewhere.

Just close your eyes Katie and listen to the prayers for strength we are sending to you. May God hold you in the palm of his hand and you feel the blessings of the Holy spirit upon you now.

Katie, I am so glad you got to hear that news straight from Buck instead of the nurses. At least you know he is at peace with this idea and I know from several friends and my Grandfather that pacemakers work.

We will be strong for you if you can't be for yourself. Love, prayers and hugs.

img_625859_0_bcc154763a660b2e8009af87c0e85dd2.jpg
Don't be afraid. The strength will come to you from He who has promised that you will never be asked beyond your strength.
It may not feel like it just now, but it will.
In the last 8 months I have seen our neighbour become totally transformed into a valiant, courageous and totally loving and giving woman in support of her husband of 50 years. ( now disabled for the forseeable future) A clear demonstartion of how He fulfills his promises to us.
If you go into 'automatic pilot' mode, that is a safety valve so don't worry. Your friends here will do all the interceding necessary. You concentrate on keeping healthy, rested ( as much as possible) and hopeful.:)

Last edited:
I agree CSalt. You know a good friend who lost her husband a few years ago said that everyone kept telling her "God never gives you more than you can handle" and she said she learned through that time that "He never gives us more than HE can handle and we are to lean on Him for our strength". I pray that for you Katie.

Katie Dear, don't know how I missed this thread until now. I've been praying like crazy all the while scrolling through 10 pages to get up to date.

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers, and hope for a good outcome. Sounds like Buck is in good hands at the hospital, and we know he is in good hands with all the prayers here.

Also just came online for the first time in a few days.. Katie I am so happy that they found what has been happening with Buck - the problem is on it's way to being fixed. We are all keeping you and Buck in our thoughts and praying that everything goes smoothly for Buck to return home in good health. {{Katie}}

(((Katie girl))) just found this thread like others.

You guys are in my thoughts. Tell the nurses all they have to do is scratch his furry little head and he will perk right up.

God bless Buck and you and keep you close.

Back
Top Bottom