"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 06-22-2008, 02:05 AM   #511
Master Chef
Katie - you know my love, my heart and my prayers are with you. My step-mom passing a couple of months ago could never compare to your life with Buck ... but I do have some idea of how things change when you have loved and cared for someone for a long time.

PM me any time you need to talk.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Michael in FtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:07 AM   #512
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by ChefJune
Just one small piece of "advice" for these coming days and weeks.... whatever anyone wants of or from you, make them wait until you have had a chance to consider it, and/or discuss it with your lawyer or whomever else you deem appropriate. No matter what anyone says, nothing is so urgent that you can't take your time to consider the consequences.
Miss Katie, Let me add...
I can't count the times I have gone to one of my friends widows, and said something like this..."Katie, you are going to get more advice, from more people than you ever thought possible... about what to do, and how to do this or that etc. etc. etc. Here is my advice to you...Don't listen to any of them!! Period!!!! Take your time, to weigh every decision...There is no rush...no hurry. Do what Katie wants to do only after Katie has had the time to think things through with a clear mind. Not before! Ok? Ok???
.....Good girl! Bless you!!

There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:37 AM   #513
Senior Cook
Hi Katie

I have been offline for a few weeks due to work commitments and couldn't believe what I was reading - I am gobsmacked! Buck was a wonderful man (i can tell not only from the way you spoke about him but how his family rallied together - a well respected husband, father and community member). He was always giving me that extra bit of advice when I needed it.

Please take the prayers and condolences of my DH and myself and listen to what Uncle Bob said, take your own time. We have a very close family friend who is in a very similar situation and take everything day-by-day but know that we are all here for you - holding your hand, giving you big hugs and walking right beside you.

God bless you.
Cath4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 AM   #514
Executive Chef
Katie, thank you so much for letting us know everything went calmly, and you are handling things in your own way.
The music is special and the tree is a wonderful way to keep Buck's memory alive.
I know you appreciate having family around to sort things out and mourn and celebrate with you, but please don't forget to take time for yourself, to refresh and reflect and find peace and make the correct decisions you need for your own well being.

We miss you and we miss Buck, and are in all our thoughts always. If you need any of us, for anything, just ask.

Relax at your morning family breakfast and let them wait on you.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #515
Sous Chef
Uncle Bob is right on! Most of us are well-intentioned, yet we, myself included, give out ill-informed or even stupid advice with every intention of being helpful.

Don't listen, just thank them and tell them you'll consider it. Trust yourself.
simplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #516
Executive Chef
Dear Katie, I read your very first post on June 12, but have not been on here very much lately. I am finding this so very difficult to comprehend. It all happened so quickly. I am so deeply sorry. I can't stop crying. All my love to you and your family. I am sorry but I cannot find any words to heal your pain. You have a lot of love here at DC. Come back when you can.
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #517
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
My sincerest condolences to you. I've not been on in a few days and am completely floored.
No beans unless they are green or jelly...
meshoo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #518
Head Chef
Oh Katie, thank you so much for remembering us and letting us know how things are going with you. You are never far from my thoughts right now,and I know I speak for other members of the DC family as well. We all wished fervently that we could have been there with you, not just yesterday to honor Buck, but all along - and also today. Obviously, Buck's light shone very brightly wherever he was, and I am so pleased to see that his wonderful life is receiving recognition in your home town. We will all be with you on the difficult road you see in front of you. Love from Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #519
Master Chef
Katie, you picked the most wonderful songs! And it sounds like it was beautiful! Now, it's time for you to rest a while so that you can get your energy back. Love and hugs to you!!
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #520
Master Chef
Keeping you in my prayers, Katie. We are all here for you.

JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote