In Remembrance of Our Dear Friend Buck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey admins, maybe that could be a project for you,as a memorial,lol, I love volunteering others time. Seriously though, if someone can tell me how I could do it, I would.
Here's one. this one made me laugh until i was hurting when he posted.
Valuable Home Remedies
1. If You're Choking On An Ice Cube, Simply Pour A Cup Of Boiling Water Down Your Throat. Presto! The Blockage Will Instantly Remove Itself.

2. Avoid Cutting Yourself When Slicing Vegetables By Getting Someone Else To Hold The Vegetables While You Chop.

3. Avoid Arguments About The Toilet Seat - Use The Sink.

4. For High Blood Pressure Sufferers ~ Simply Cut Yourself And Bleed For A Few Minutes, Thus Reducing The Pressure On Your Veins. Remember To Use A Timer.

5. A Mouse Trap Placed On Top Of Your Alarm Clock Will Prevent You From Rolling Over And Going Back To Sleep After You Hit The Snooze Button.

6. If You Have A Bad Cough, Take A Large Dose Of Laxatives. Then You'll Be Afraid To Cough.

7. You Only Need Two Tools In Life - Wd-40 And Duct Tape. If It Doesn't Move And Should, Use The Wd-40. If It Shouldn't Move And Does, Use The Duct Tape.

8. Remember - Everyone Seems Normal Until You Get To Know Them.

9. If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer, You've Got An Electrical Problem.

Daily Thought: Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs.

Last edited:
Oh, dear, sweet, Katie. I haven't been able to get on to DC for a few days and was just horrified when I found this. I'm so sorry for you and your family. I'll be keeping you all close in my heart and prayers. As everyone has said, it was truly an honor to have had the chance to get to know Buck. And the two of you were blessed to have each other.

Always know that we're here, loving you, and ready to do anything we can for you.

{{{hugs}}}

I see how loved you two are in the DC community and, as a new DC'er, I appreciate your valuable contributions to this forum as friends and mentors. Buck's contributions will live on in his dialogue here, and in the hearts of those he touched in life. My deepest condolences.

Hey admins, maybe that could be a project for you,as a memorial,lol, I love volunteering others time. Seriously though, if someone can tell me how I could do it, I would.
Here's one. this one made me laugh until i was hurting when he posted.
Valuable Home Remedies
1. If You're Choking On An Ice Cube, Simply Pour A Cup Of Boiling Water Down Your Throat. Presto! The Blockage Will Instantly Remove Itself.

2. Avoid Cutting Yourself When Slicing Vegetables By Getting Someone Else To Hold The Vegetables While You Chop.

3. Avoid Arguments About The Toilet Seat - Use The Sink.

4. For High Blood Pressure Sufferers ~ Simply Cut Yourself And Bleed For A Few Minutes, Thus Reducing The Pressure On Your Veins. Remember To Use A Timer.

5. A Mouse Trap Placed On Top Of Your Alarm Clock Will Prevent You From Rolling Over And Going Back To Sleep After You Hit The Snooze Button.

6. If You Have A Bad Cough, Take A Large Dose Of Laxatives. Then You'll Be Afraid To Cough.

7. You Only Need Two Tools In Life - Wd-40 And Duct Tape. If It Doesn't Move And Should, Use The Wd-40. If It Shouldn't Move And Does, Use The Duct Tape.

8. Remember - Everyone Seems Normal Until You Get To Know Them.

9. If You Can't Fix It With A Hammer, You've Got An Electrical Problem.

Daily Thought: Some People Are Like Slinkies - Not Really Good For Anything, But They Bring A Smile To Your Face When Pushed Down The Stairs.

I remember that post, made me laugh at a time when I needed to laugh, thank you for posting this Stacy.

Dearest Katie, I am so sorry that this came to pass. Like everyone here, we were hoping for a different outcome. I cannot imagine how alone you must feel without him. Too soon, too soon for Buck. I don't pretend to understand it and I have no words to explain it. I am so sorry.

I know, I laughed again out loud then cried! Dang it. I got this email today, thought it was a sign.

I LOVE YOU!!

YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES TO TELL 10 FRIENDS THAT YOU LOVE THEM (INCLUDING ME)
B/C
TOMORROW'S NOT PROMISED. SO I LOVE YOU! GO!

as we are grieving, lets remember that she will need us even more as time goes on.

when our loved first dies, we are in a numb state and that will last for awhile.
the real grief begins when all the people have gone home and we are faced with daily life without them.

i am certain many of you know this. we need to be there for the long haul.

we must let kate set the agenda and then back her all the way.

sorry, when i confront situations like this, i look for a way to help.

babe

Katie, having been where you are now all I can do is send you lots of love and understanding. Call me anytime to talk.
I love you,
Marge

I just got home and came here first. I am so sorry to hear the news I dreaded to hear. You lost a wonderful man Katie, and I can't even begin to express how much I sympathize with you. Your kids have lost a caring father. We at Discuss Cooking have lost a good friend. I loved teasing Buck and I didn't mind him teasing me. Buck had a knack for posting exactly what I was going to say, right before I could post. I'm really going to miss that.

Barbara

Hey admins, maybe that could be a project for you,as a memorial,lol, I love volunteering others time. Seriously though, if someone can tell me how I could do it, I would...
I was actually thinking of something similar. I would love one that showed Buck's interaction with us. For instance, I just mentioned how Buck had a knack for saying what I was about to say before I could say it. I "accused" him of spying on me, and he admitted that he was spying on me and starting asking about all the empties in the spare room. He could always make me laugh. I think something like that might be a good memorial. Of course, we wouldn't want to do anything like this unless Katie was good with it.

:)Barbara

True, we would want to make sure Katie would be good with it. Maybe you could start something in the Admin Area that is off limits to the rest of us, put it all together and when she is ready you can show it to her and if she approves then move it out for the rest of us to see.

We just arrived home from our journey to New Mexico. Just walked in the door, thought about preparing dinner but had to get here first.

I am sad with everyone else here. I am so sorry. I am also glad that it wasn't over a long period if this was to be the outcome.

I pray for comfort for all concerned and and end to this and a beginning of what's to come in the form of a new future.

I have my arms around you and yours. Please someone, let us all know what we can do.

Hey Buck, go in grace.
Katie, from another relative newcomer,
if strength can be sent, I am sending you mine.

i have been reading posts by buck. one can see the kind , funny man that he was. a fitting memorial.

babe

Babe, before I saw this post I also went and ready many of Buck's posts - ones I remembered fondly and others that were before my time here. While it was hard to laugh through the tears, it was a wonderful way to remember him.

I am also touched by the message to Buck on his visitor's page (where I added my own). A good way to pay respects to his memory.

I really feel that this whole experience will change the DC Community as a whole and each of us as individuals. I know I am forever changed by the last few days and I am sure I am not alone.

Hi Katie... I'm so sorry sweetie. I pray that the Lord give you and your family peace.

My heart is broken.

Dear sweet Katie, I can't add any more than what everyone else has said. I have cried all afternoon I know how deeply close you and Buck were but remember both of you will still always be close. I know in my heart Buck will be around to watch over you. He will come in your dreams to comfort you and don't be surprised when he leaves little signs to let you know he his still around to let you know that he is still by your side. I know there is not much I can do from here in New Mexico but you have my heart and prayers. I wish you all the strength you need to carry on while you deal with life without your true soul mate in the physical world. In time it will get better even though it will be bitter sweet. But again do not forget that Buck will still be with you the whole way.
All my love, Jackie

Back
Top Bottom