In Search of A Name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I originally wanted to call my calico Camilla because she has caramel colors... but Mom named her Felicia.. lol.,.. but that is my suggestion! Cute name for a calico, you can nickname her Cammy

img_639532_0_e73a59ae6210096cff506bb3ea9cae63.jpg
she looks just like my charlotte!:LOL:

What a wonderfully cute kitty, she is so lucky to have found a home with you. We love kitties, we have 3 Miss Maude, Bubba and Molly Taco. I always liked the name Lovey just never had a kitty that fit the name.LOL. Enjoy your new baby.
Cin

tractor trailers?

how about mackie (mack), kenny (kenworth), or peter (peterbuilt). :)

eta: darn. i just realized that it's a she.

how about marge (large marge)?

I go for rally individual names for pets. My cats are called Nougat and Panache and my greyhoud is Marvelous...(much to the dismay of many!) any future cats will b named after swet things to eat (Torrone, Bombalone, Rumbaba, we have lists of them!) and the dogs will be adjectives, (Marvelous is going to have a litter for her breeder at some point, we plan to keep two who will be Stupendous and Superfluous- as a joke on our naming scheme..but the other dogs we get will be things like 'Spiffing' 'Joyful' 'Honest')

It sometimes really helps a vet if your pets have individual names. hen I was dealing with lots of peoples animals on large research studies people would call to ask advice about ther horse, Daisy, or Lucky, or Star or Captain and I would have to ask people for there address or spin them out while I worked out which file to look through bcause those common names meant that I knew quite a few animals with th same name. :) So, my vet, should he get the chance to forget me or if my husband calls him, knows EXACTLY who the animal in question is and can access his 'mental file' bfor th computer records hit the screen.

We've had many calico's over our lifetime and yes, one was named Callie.
One was named Tucson due to the colors she bore.
One named Houston just because of her sultry temperament.
Our son's calico is named Fendi because of the designer but my DGS and I call her Fendoodle.
"LuckyLady" because she is and so are you, darling kitten

She is beautiful!!! Living in Georgia, our calico's name would be good: Scarlett O'Hairy!

I was looking at name meanings (only got as far as "c"!), since that is how I found one of my cat's and one of my dog's names. Aubrey means "rules with elf wisdom!" Ariel (one of my now gone kitties) means "devine feline." My name, Barbara, means "mysterious stranger from a faraway land" and I just read that according to Catholic custom St. Barbara is a protector from fire and lightning.

:)Barbara

BT...just where did you come up with the name Marge??? or better yet "large Marge"? do I have to open the woodshed door for you again? :glare:

She looks like a Georgia Belle to me. or a Peach...I love all the colors..I guess Mama kitty couldn't decide what color she should be so just gave her a variety of colors.

Marge

I'm also a cat owner. I named mine Savannah - Savvy when she was little. Now she's all grown up and goes by her proper name. I like place names...another idea.

Okay...................the votes have been tallied and the winner is........................may I have a drumroll please.............
13.gif
............And the winner is..............................
9.gif

PIXIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from Dixie!

Thank you all so very much.

:):) Great name! Now that you have named her she is truly all yours. Lucky little girl Little Miss Pixie from Dixie :):):)

Back
Top Bottom