In the News or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindercat

Sous Chef
Some idiot on a motorcycle has been breaking windshields of moving vehicles in St. Louis. He goes onto an overpass above a busy highway. Then he wraps a chain around his arm & throws the other end over the railing. When he feels it make contact he takes off pulling the chain back up after him. He's done this a few times but I think last night will be his last. This time instead of the chain hitting glass it wrapped around the mirror of an 18-wheeler. The truck kept going & took the chain with it. It happened so fast that the chain amputated the arm & drug the arm after the truck. The motorcyclist was lucky that he made it to a hospital & will be OK. The truck driver was arrested for arm robbery.

My situation was real. I put a hammer through the windshield of a van once. Of course that was because the idiot (would use a much stronger word here) passed me on the exit ramp of a highway (one lane only), nearly driving me off the road.:mad:

I guess you could tell my story was a joke -- ARM robbery. I told this story to some Junior students & then again at our faculty party on the last day of school. There were a few in both groups who believed it for at least 30 seconds after everyone else groaned in realization that it was a joke.
Fortunately I haven't heard of people dropping things over railings in quite a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom