"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #31
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We finally got our CD player (25 CD magazine) set up with a tuner and speakers. All of our soothing music is on it...I'm going to set it on "shuffle" and hopefully sleep.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
We finally got our CD player (25 CD magazine) set up with a tuner and speakers. All of our soothing music is on it...I'm going to set it on "shuffle" and hopefully sleep.
Nighty Night, Sweet Princess:

Good Night, Sleep Tight. DON'T let the bedbugs bite.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #33
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Nighty Night, Sweet Princess:

Good Night, Sleep Tight. DON'T let the bedbugs bite.
It was quite nice, we like to listen to Celtic music going to sleep. I don't remember any dream and I woke up feelings very rested. Now if I could figure out how to wake up without every joint in my body aching...
Old 12-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
It was quite nice, we like to listen to Celtic music going to sleep. I don't remember any dream and I woke up feelings very rested. Now if I could figure out how to wake up without every joint in my body aching...
You'll need to practice that one Princess. It gets worse and worse.

Can you imagine my surprise one day when my middle knuckle just brushed the cabinet, as I was opening it, and the pain was just heart stoppingly painful for a good 20 seconds. Yet I can crochet, easily?

My back has been behaving mostly, lately, but the cold is not being nice. My cheekbones HURT. I tried getting a washcloth as hot as possible to loosen up the mucus, not to mention the tightness in my upper chest. Not having much fun physically.

I am enjoying the dinners you are all having, the joy of being with family reaches me here.

Back to the weather: One big angry thunderbolt and then nothing. The sky is white. Not even a smidgeon of blue, but it's early yet. The weather can change here in the blink of an eye.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #35
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
You'll need to practice that one Princess. It gets worse and worse.

Can you imagine my surprise one day when my middle knuckle just brushed the cabinet, as I was opening it, and the pain was just heart stoppingly painful for a good 20 seconds. Yet I can crochet, easily?

My back has been behaving mostly, lately, but the cold is not being nice. My cheekbones HURT. I tried getting a washcloth as hot as possible to loosen up the mucus, not to mention the tightness in my upper chest. Not having much fun physically.

I am enjoying the dinners you are all having, the joy of being with family reaches me here.

Back to the weather: One big angry thunderbolt and then nothing. The sky is white. Not even a smidgeon of blue, but it's early yet. The weather can change here in the blink of an eye.
One of my avenues for pain relief is verboten...I can't take Ibuprofen(Advil) anymore as it interacts with a prescription med. I guess I'm going to resort to menthol based rubs. The med my doc gave me to replace to ibuprofen has been pulled from the market...

We have a saying here...if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
One of my avenues for pain relief is verboten...I can't take Ibuprofen(Advil) anymore as it interacts with a prescription med. I guess I'm going to resort to menthol based rubs. The med my doc gave me to replace to ibuprofen has been pulled from the market...

We have a saying here...if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
Can't you take aspirin? That's what I use, since ibuprofen and acetaminophen don't work on me.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #37
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Can't you take aspirin? That's what I use, since ibuprofen and acetaminophen don't work on me.
Aspirin is an NSAID, the same as Ibuprofen (with the same interaction) and a blood thinner...I have problems with bloody noses that won't stop when I take aspirin. I do take acetaminophen, Arthritis strength, but it doesn't help with all of the joint pain. I'm trying to stay away from prescription meds, but it looks like mild narcotics are my only choice at this point...Darvocet was the one taken off the market and it was working well for me.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #38
Executive Chef

I like to practice Raja Yoga a bit. I try to clear my mind of all thought by focusing on a small black hole, which I create in my mind. It takes practice. It works for me most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't. Its the thinking, or stressing, that keeps me awake.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #39
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I like to practice Raja Yoga a bit. I try to clear my mind of all thought by focusing on a small black hole, which I create in my mind. It takes practice. It works for me most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't. Its the thinking, or stressing, that keeps me awake.
When my thoughts won't stop, I imagine I am in an elevator and watching the numbers light up from 1-100, one at a time...if I don't make it by the time I hit 100, I go back down...I rarely make it to 40 going up...along with this is paying attention to your breathing...inhale (1) exhale, inhale (2) exhale, etc.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Yes, I did and I feel a lot better now. With all the pains I have, I keep antihistamine, aspirin, ibuprophen, naproxen sodium and acetamenaphen on hand. Some work for some pains, some are useless at times. I try not to over do it with any of them, because more is not better.

The back had been being so good that I went a couple of days lately without anything.

Of course, I completely forgot to get some TheraFlu for the cold, but shopping on the 23rd of December at Walmart was a trip.

Honestly, I'll be glad when the holidays are over. I just want my life back to boring, dependable, normal.