Insomniac's Delight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
Admin note: A new thread was created for this topic. PrincessFiona60 Site Admin

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well! Get some rest! Lots of hugs!

thanks for the good wishes. all i have done is rest. saw dr. at four, he says no problem with the lungs. that was good news, usually a cold for me goes into bronchitis or pneumonia. he is increasing my blood pressure meds. my sugars were very good. he also prescribed a pill for the restless legs i have been enduring. if everything is so good, why do i feel so awful. think i just must be a wuss. lol. got some nyqual so maybe will sleep better tonight. really need to get busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be the restless legs, you are sleeping but just barely. A few good nights of sleep may perk you up. I'm going for a sleep study soon, I don't have sleep apnea, but something is messing up my sleep and I'm very fatigued during the day.

That's why we are doing the sleep study, to find out if I am waking too much at night. Not enough to wake up all the way, but I never achieve deep sleep.

That stinks when you can't get a good solid night's sleep. I know why I can't always sleep. I don't have any physical activity that makes me tired. I was cleaning the bathroom and had to stop. I needed to take two Vicodin for the pain in my hip and spine. I would love to be able to just go through this house.

I hope the sleep study finds out what the problem is. Oh dear. I just had a thought. What if Shrek is the problem?

I just had a thought? Now I am really exhausted. :rolleyes:

That stinks when you can't get a good solid night's sleep. I know why I can't always sleep. I don't have any physical activity that makes me tired. I was cleaning the bathroom and had to stop. I needed to take two Vicodin for the pain in my hip and spine. I would love to be able to just go through this house.

I hope the sleep study finds out what the problem is. Oh dear. I just had a thought. What if Shrek is the problem?

I just had a thought? Now I am really exhausted. :rolleyes:

Shrek had his own sleep study and we took care of that aspect, with me lying awake waiting for him to stop breathing. He now is very good about wearing his CPAP. I'm thinking my brain just doesn't stop, I am a very anxious person at times and keep thinking and thinking until the alarm goes off or cats think it's time to get up.

I've gotten better about just getting up and having some Sleepytime Tea, leaving the computer off and going back to bed within 20 minutes. I'm just glad I don't need the CPAP..."Luke, I am your Father..." ala Darth Vader.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Shrek had his own sleep study and we took care of that aspect, with me lying awake waiting for him to stop breathing. He now is very good about wearing his CPAP. I'm thinking my brain just doesn't stop, I am a very anxious person at times and keep thinking and thinking until the alarm goes off or cats think it's time to get up.

I've gotten better about just getting up and having some Sleepytime Tea, leaving the computer off and going back to bed within 20 minutes. I'm just glad I don't need the CPAP..."Luke, I am your Father..." ala Darth Vader.

I can never get my brain to turn off. Only time I've ever had no thoughts in my head was when I was on rather potent pain meds for a kidney stone and then it sort of freaked me out at first. To fall asleep, since my brain will just continue rambling and keeping me up if I let it, I tell myself stories. Sometimes I make them up, sometimes I just repeat bed time stories I read when I was a kid. I just do it silently in my head. It gives my brain something to focus on so it doesn't ramble as much. If you're a visual thinker you can play a mental "movie" for yourself instead and that might work better than saying the story in your head. Sometimes, especially if my brain is really jabbery, I use a combination of visualizing the story and telling it to myself. Sort of like having an illustrated, mental story book.

I also use a relaxation technique that an anxiety counselor told me about. You start with the muscles in your head and tense them up, then relax them. Take slow, deap breaths as you do so. Then move to the muscles in your neck, then shoulders. Then down your arms and finish with your hands, taking slow, deep breaths throughout the process. Then move to the muscles in your back and torso, then buttox, upper legs, lower legs, and finish with your feet. Repeat the entire process if needed, pausing in between to just take a few more breaths. It really helps make the body feel relaxed. I still have some nights where sleep just doesn't want to visit me but most of the time the combination of these two works well.

I can never get my brain to turn off. Only time I've ever had no thoughts in my head was when I was on rather potent pain meds for a kidney stone and then it sort of freaked me out at first. To fall asleep, since my brain will just continue rambling and keeping me up if I let it, I tell myself stories. Sometimes I make them up, sometimes I just repeat bed time stories I read when I was a kid. I just do it silently in my head. It gives my brain something to focus on so it doesn't ramble as much. If you're a visual thinker you can play a mental "movie" for yourself instead and that might work better than saying the story in your head. Sometimes, especially if my brain is really jabbery, I use a combination of visualizing the story and telling it to myself. Sort of like having an illustrated, mental story book.

I also use a relaxation technique that an anxiety counselor told me about. You start with the muscles in your head and tense them up, then relax them. Take slow, deap breaths as you do so. Then move to the muscles in your neck, then shoulders. Then down your arms and finish with your hands, taking slow, deep breaths throughout the process. Then move to the muscles in your back and torso, then buttox, upper legs, lower legs, and finish with your feet. Repeat the entire process if needed, pausing in between to just take a few more breaths. It really helps make the body feel relaxed. I still have some nights where sleep just doesn't want to visit me but most of the time the combination of these two works well.

I too, use that relaxation technique, but start from the toes up. Worked well for years. Now I can usually imagine a Light board in an elevator and watch the numbers lighting up from 1 to 100, if I hit the top floor, I go back down. I'm not having much troubling falling asleep, but getting deep enough for REM, that's what we hope to discover with the sleep study, if I'm just lightly sleeping and how many times an hour I "wake" to a light sleep. It's called Disruptive Sleep Disorder.

When I can't get my mind to shut up, I focus on the ring(s) in my ears. Go ahead, laugh, but it works.

What has Shrek got against goose down pillows? I thought you decided that was the reason you were waking up with a headache. The wrong pillows. :ermm:

The insurance clause says I get double if he dies of asphyxiation on goose down during a full moon....It's just a joke folks!!!!!

the pills for restless legs seems to be working. i have been getting lots of sleep, slept most of the day. with the added rest, i am feeling better. couple more days and i should be up to par.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom