"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #151
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Last night on the night shift, home now and wide awake. I wasn't able to get on the computer all night as my orientee was working so hard. Consequently I had to find other things to do.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:58 AM   #152
Executive Chef

Yep, I'm up late, again.

At least I have a new camera to tinker with, tonight. Although I can't really take any non-lame pictures inside my house, at night.

CD

Old 01-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #153
Chef Extraordinaire

Not that I know enough about cameras, but what did you get? I'll shout it out to Himself, at which time I'll hear "oooo" and "ahhhh" from the other room.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:51 AM   #154
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Not that I know enough about cameras, but what did you get? I'll shout it out to Himself, at which time I'll hear "oooo" and "ahhhh" from the other room.
This is my "backup" camera, and one I use to get into tight places that my Nikon D4 can't get. Plus, it has 4K video, which my customers have been asking for.

It is a Sony a6500, with a 16-50 zoom, which kind-of comes with the camera, and a 16mm f2.8 prime. It is mirrorless, so it is compact, but not so small that I feel like I'll drop it. Very solid -- magnesium alloy frame. Oh, and with an adapter, I can use my Nikon professional lenses on it. Icing on the cake.

I'm not a Sony fan, and usually prefer Nikon or Canon, but I have to say, this particular Sony outperforms the Nikon and Sony similar offerings.

I already have an assignment that will pay for 1/3 of it -- about one-hour of work next Wednesday. I got the assignment today -- lucky coincidence.

If Himself is interested, here is more info...

https://www.sony.com/electronics/int...-6500-body-kit

CD
Old 01-13-2018, 04:01 AM   #155
Chef Extraordinaire

I told Himself I wasn't sharing the link. He asked "why not" in a little-boy voice. He can't even think of getting a new toy until we replace my car. BTW, he said those are very nice cameras. I think you two could be dangerous if we all lived close to one another. And my budget might be blown. Enjoy, have fun, and happy shooting.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:10 AM   #156
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I told Himself I wasn't sharing the link. He asked "why not" in a little-boy voice. He can't even think of getting a new toy until we replace my car. BTW, he said those are very nice cameras. I think you two could be dangerous if we all lived close to one another. And my budget might be blown. Enjoy, have fun, and happy shooting.
Although in some ways, it is a new toy, I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't see it paying for itself, and rather quickly. When I was a much younger photographer, I owned a whole lot of equipment. I own a whole lot less equipment, now. These days, if it isn't earning me money, I don't own it. If I need something special for one job, I rent it, and can usually bill my customer for the rental.

But, having said that, I am looking forward to playing with it this weekend.

CD
Old 01-14-2018, 05:55 AM   #157
Chef Extraordinaire

My sleep patterns seem to follow my pain patterns. I was up for two days, 24 hours each straight. Then I finally fell asleep about five yesterday morning, and slept right through two visits from the nurse while he changed my dressings. And here I go again. Although sitting here at the computer seems to make me sleepy. More so than just lying in bed staring at the TV. I would like to be awake today when the nurse shows up this morning at least.