"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2019, 03:54 AM   #161
Executive Chef

Vivid dreams are a known common side effect of melatonin. Count me in. Not sure why some company came up with the idea to combine probiotics and a vivid dream inducing hormone into pills. Ya got me there.

Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:54 AM   #162
Chef Extraordinaire

I have my sleep pattern all screwed up. I think it is because I fell into a really deep depression Wednesday night. I have done everything I can think of to come out of it. When I woke up I was so excited. I was all dressed and ready to go by nine a.m. My appointment wasn't until one p.m.

I was suppose to have my final fitting for my prosthetic this past Wednesday. My transportation never showed up or even called. So yesterday it all caught up with me. I slept the whole 24 hours away and woke up at four a.m. today, Saturday.

I don't know what I would have done without Pirate here. A lot of the other residents in the building were knocking on the door wanting to know how was I doing with the new leg. He kept everyone at bay. He finally put a note on the door telling everyone I am sleeping. It was nice of them to care, but I am not ready to face the reality of it all yet. It was like when I first looked under the covers last July and saw just the one leg again.

So here I am, wide awake, but for how long, I don't know. I think I will indulge in doing some housework. That should keep me busy and out of trouble. My new appointment is this coming Wednesday. I am trying my best to not dwell on it. Even though I only use the sink to wash my glasses, I think I will try to clean the bathroom today. Pirate thinks because he is the only one that uses that room now, he has his own private bathroom. Who knows, I might even try to take that first shower. Right now I have a nurse that comes in three times a week to give me a sponge bath in my bed.

There are just too many complications and needs when you lose a limb.