Interesting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't mean to be a wet blanket on the indigenous tribe discovery party. It seems like there are so few "real" frontiers to discover anymore, and I find it sad that someone deliberately mislead thousands of people for their own selfish desire for publicity. (this coming from someone who once worked in PR). I don't like the feeling of being duped. I guess it's a personal opinion/comment I should have kept to myself - sorry.

pot clanger, no one is disagreeing with not liking being duped. I view "hoax" as something that is totally not true - a hoax to me would have been this being a film set. It's still an untruth and not acceptable from a journalism standpoint. Speak out (well, within our policies :-p:LOL:) - what you said you had a right to say and it certainly wasn't wrong!

According to this article there were no hoax or even any untruths except from the media who reported it. The researchers never said the tribe was undiscovered. They said the tribe was uncontacted which is true. The news media took the story and ran with it beefing it up into something it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom