Interesting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, oh, c'mon.

i've seen those guys in philly, at flyers' games.

apparently, one of them didn't get the memo of what color to paint themselves...

Saw that on tv last night.... amazing!

Reminds me of the John Grisham book...... The Testament I think?

I felt bad for those poor guys though, probably had a heart attack seeing that helicopter flying over!!!!!

So much for "un-contacted".
Did you notice the two warriors and their bows pointed
at the airplane or helicopter?

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a fundamental shift in
the tribe's religion.
"Must worship shiny bird that roars!"

Pretty shoddy actions for an organization claiming to be
attempting to preserve the tribes' identity and way of life.

That said, I find these last few tribes absolutely fascinating!

and they would find you very tasty, gf! ;)

hey, isn't there some sort of prime directive or something. i'm going to contact starfleet.

the tribe's religion.

Nah, if it were me down there, I'd undoubtedly have retold it, "Hey, did you see that sky monster frontin' on us? I was all like, 'Whatever, dude. You want some of this bow and arrow action?' And it was all, 'Please don't hurt me, sir.' And I was like, 'Get outta my sky, you monster.'"

Interesting to think about though. Until what must have been a rather rude awakening (at least, I hope, they didn't play any Wagner from the chopper), those folks may not have even realized there were other people in the world outside their village, let alone imagine the world beyond the jungle. It makes me wonder about the Universe and if its only limit is our perception of it. Maybe one day, we'll all see the helicopter.

You just have an endless supply of "bad" don't you? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Poor Bucky is just suffering from "I'm not a Redwing fan" syndrome. He doesn't have the Pistons, or Redwings to help boost his Joisey attitude. And the poor guy also has New York Yankey envy(though how could you envy a team from the big, mush apple>).:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am running very fast now.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

So much for "un-contacted".

the tribe's religion.

Pretty shoddy actions for an organization claiming to be
attempting to preserve the tribes' identity and way of life.

That said, I find these last few tribes absolutely fascinating!

I used to know a guy who shot at the sides of Lake Freighters with a 22, just to here the slugs go "plink" on the steel sides. I wouldn't take long before the Coast Guard was patrolling the area looking for this teen-ageg crazy person. And no it wasn't me!

Is that the same as that guy with the bow shooting at the airplane?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Well, they are still a tribe that exists on their own no matter how long they have been known about. I still find it interesting.

There is a tribe in Mexico, the Huicholes, who did not enter the modern age until the 1950s. They are the only tribe in Mexico that was never conquered by the Spaniards because they retreated high into the Sierra Madres and remained there. They are remarkable artists, and are very spiritual - legally using peyote to summon the visions that inspire their complex and colorful yarn and bead paintings. We have collected alot of their wonderful art, and there is a continual (always well intentioned, but not always well-informed) effort to preserve their culture. Here is a link to the Huichol cultural center that is trying to ease their transition into modern life:HUICHOL CENTER

Good or bad? I just don't know enough to make an informed comment. We do see Huichole in their distinctive clothing out and about here in Bucerias and Puerto Vallarta. I've heard recently that the Chinese are now copying their amazing art (all of the yarn and beads are pressed into beeswax by hand). Too bad.

It's a hoax, guys...... I glanced over a story online this morning that said the photog fessed up to being a BIG FAT LIAR...... what a Lame-o! (can I say Lame-o?)

The fact they said it was a tribe that HAS infact been studied makes it have an element of truth, so it is not an out right hoax.

They embellished it to draw awareness to the illegal logging, and the destruction of the rain forests in that are...so IMO, it was for a good cause.

Back
Top Bottom