International Women's Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Women's day is taken very seriously in Italy. Last night we saw men laden with bunches of mimosa flowers, the traditional gift for this day.

I will get my bunch of mimosa this evening ;) butI did suggest we drank mimosas instead :LOL:

Happy women's day to all female DCers!

Last edited:
YT2095 gives a bag of Self Raising and Plain to all the Ladies on DC.

sorry, It`s the only Flours I have :angel:

Crumbs, that's a brave signature line, YT. The brickbats will be heading your way...

Loved the flour joke, by the way, but I'm easily pleased since I'm running low on sleep.

Yes, I know we moan about our lot sometimes, but really the alternative to being a woman doesn't appeal to me ;)

"Say it with Flowers,,, Give her a Triffid"

Awww, YT! LOL!

Well, here's some for YOU, then! :flowers:

Lee

P.S. I had to google "Triffid".

I have never heard of international womans day until I heard it on the news this morning. Hey why not right, we should have a special day devoted to us! :flowers: <----- to all the DC ladies :)

It used to be very big deal back in Russia. Here some how it faded away. I guess because of mothers day, but even more so because I try to act toward my women like it is mothers day and International womens' day everyday. :blush:

So, Happy womens Day dear Women!

Womans Day huh? FANTASTIC! Came at the right time too! I need someone to do laundry and wash the dishes. :LOL: :LOL:
Now Hey! They didnt say what the women DO on Womans Day DID they? :cool:
Im a male :pig: .

TATTRAT said:
Would it be appropriate to give ladies a congratulatory smack on the bum?

Better warm up and stretch out- you may need to run for cover to fend off any rightful and justified retaliation. :-p

On men's day, I think I will time it just right that the oil light comes on, and will drive around with it dinging all day. LOVE THAT SOUND! It's great when the engine knocks in unison, too!!!

Internation Women's Day is a big holiday here in Kazakhstan. President Nazahrbyov declared that this past Thursday thru Saturday were holidays in honor of it. The men at home and at the work place give them flowers, gifts, lunch and/or dinner out. When I asked the CPA at the office if they had Men's Day, the secretary's translation was , Yes, the other 364 days of the year!

Back
Top Bottom