Invaders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
Anyone know what all the fuss is about false widow spiders?

DON'T POST A PICTURE (that's why I'm asking you and not googling - I have been known to have serious trouble breathing when shut in a confined space with a harmless British spider or even a picture of one*)

I keep seeing headlines about them when I go into my Yahoo account. Have they invaded the British Isles? Are they man-eaters (or in my case woman-eaters)?

* I'm not a wimp, honest!

:LOL: Apparently much ado about not much, they closed a school until the bug guys eradicate them. Their bite is not nearly as bad as a Black Widow, whose bite is not nearly as bad as the Brown Recluse, which causes necrotic tissue death...

False Widows, described as GB's most poisonous spider, has a bite like a bee sting. Could be a problem for someone who's allergic.

Last edited:
I read a short article today. It seems there is a school in your fair country that has been invaded by a spider known as the False Black Widow. The school has been advised to close until they can get rid of the spiders. It seems the spiders have been building condos and taken up a life long residence. Not to worry. The bite is very minor. But really, wouldn't you want your child's school closed until the school is fumigated to get rid of them? The spider is not native to the UK. Probably came ashore from a ship. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom