"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef

You really don't need any software on your computer for Android, like you do with itunes and iphones.

You can hook them up if you want to, but it is like hooking up a hard drive, Windows handles that on its own. For my music I just go to Google play and add my music from there and can either listen streaming, or download it to my phone. I also use amazon's music service and it works in much the same way.
Everything is pretty much cloud based, so no need for software, you really don't even need a computer.

http://bakingbetter.com
Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
You really don't need any software on your computer for Android, like you do with itunes and iphones.

You can hook them up if you want to, but it is like hooking up a hard drive, Windows handles that on its own. For my music I just go to Google play and add my music from there and can either listen streaming, or download it to my phone. I also use amazon's music service and it works in much the same way.
Thank you.

I'm not really looking to put music on my phone. I like to take off the pix and I like to backup my contact list. What I really want to do is import my contact list from my computer, so I can type in the names and info with a real keyboard.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #23
Executive Chef

I love my iPhone. It is one of the first ones. I got it when I could get it for $50. The iPhone 4 is cheap now, so if I were to upgrade, that is what I would get. I don't get things when they first come out because they are too expensive. If you wait awhile the price will go down. I would love to have an iPad. The iPhone is so easy to use. Love it!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #24
Flour Child

The News said that the majority of people in line to get the new iPhones were Chinese with lots of cash. The news clip backed it up. Interesting.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #25
Master Chef

I am amazed that people lined up to have the "newest and latest". Where are all these people who are broke and can't afford to feed their kids? In line for the latest iphone? And, no, they aren't all Chinese. Our news stations come from Chicago and the Quad Cities, and the few Asians in line probably have family in the country longer than mine has been! I guess the economy isn't that bad when hundreds, no make that thousands, are looking to replace their already state-of-the-art toys with more expensive, newer toys. Guess you can tell I'll stick with my cheap Tracfone, which I only have because when I have to hit the road for Florida in response to a family emergency, it's helpful to keep in touch.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I am amazed that people lined up to have the "newest and latest". Where are all these people who are broke and can't afford to feed their kids? In line for the latest iphone? And, no, they aren't all Chinese. Our news stations come from Chicago and the Quad Cities, and the few Asians in line probably have family in the country longer than mine has been! I guess the economy isn't that bad when hundreds, no make that thousands, are looking to replace their already state-of-the-art toys with more expensive, newer toys. Guess you can tell I'll stick with my cheap Tracfone, which I only have because when I have to hit the road for Florida in response to a family emergency, it's helpful to keep in touch.
Those are the people with the big screen TVs who need to make sure that everyone in the family has a cell phone to go with the food stamps.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

I do love Apple products, I have an iMac and an iPad...but as far as their phones, no thanks, I prefer Android

We both have an android smartphone, love it!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #28
Executive Chef

I'd rather spend the money on good quality food ingredients. For heavy computing, I prefer to use a desktop or muscular laptop. In several instances Ive been thankful to still have a land line when more modern modes of communication were down. Many of the Apple fans that I've known seemed to be flakes.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

I honestly believe the Android phones are much better than the iPhone
Old 09-23-2012, 03:34 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
I honestly believe the Android phones are much better than the iPhone
You and a lot of other folks that aren't taken in by the hype.

Closed Thread