iphone 5 is out today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bakechef said:
You really don't need any software on your computer for Android, like you do with itunes and iphones.

You can hook them up if you want to, but it is like hooking up a hard drive, Windows handles that on its own. For my music I just go to Google play and add my music from there and can either listen streaming, or download it to my phone. I also use amazon's music service and it works in much the same way.

Everything is pretty much cloud based, so no need for software, you really don't even need a computer.

You really don't need any software on your computer for Android, like you do with itunes and iphones.

You can hook them up if you want to, but it is like hooking up a hard drive, Windows handles that on its own. For my music I just go to Google play and add my music from there and can either listen streaming, or download it to my phone. I also use amazon's music service and it works in much the same way.
Thank you.

I'm not really looking to put music on my phone. I like to take off the pix and I like to backup my contact list. What I really want to do is import my contact list from my computer, so I can type in the names and info with a real keyboard.

I love my iPhone. It is one of the first ones. I got it when I could get it for $50. The iPhone 4 is cheap now, so if I were to upgrade, that is what I would get. I don't get things when they first come out because they are too expensive. If you wait awhile the price will go down. I would love to have an iPad. The iPhone is so easy to use. Love it!

The News said that the majority of people in line to get the new iPhones were Chinese with lots of cash. The news clip backed it up. Interesting.

I am amazed that people lined up to have the "newest and latest". Where are all these people who are broke and can't afford to feed their kids? In line for the latest iphone? And, no, they aren't all Chinese. Our news stations come from Chicago and the Quad Cities, and the few Asians in line probably have family in the country longer than mine has been! I guess the economy isn't that bad when hundreds, no make that thousands, are looking to replace their already state-of-the-art toys with more expensive, newer toys. Guess you can tell I'll stick with my cheap Tracfone, which I only have because when I have to hit the road for Florida in response to a family emergency, it's helpful to keep in touch.

Claire said:
I am amazed that people lined up to have the "newest and latest". Where are all these people who are broke and can't afford to feed their kids? In line for the latest iphone? And, no, they aren't all Chinese. Our news stations come from Chicago and the Quad Cities, and the few Asians in line probably have family in the country longer than mine has been! I guess the economy isn't that bad when hundreds, no make that thousands, are looking to replace their already state-of-the-art toys with more expensive, newer toys. Guess you can tell I'll stick with my cheap Tracfone, which I only have because when I have to hit the road for Florida in response to a family emergency, it's helpful to keep in touch.

Those are the people with the big screen TVs who need to make sure that everyone in the family has a cell phone to go with the food stamps.

I do love Apple products, I have an iMac and an iPad...but as far as their phones, no thanks, I prefer Android ;)

We both have an android smartphone, love it!

I'd rather spend the money on good quality food ingredients. For heavy computing, I prefer to use a desktop or muscular laptop. In several instances Ive been thankful to still have a land line when more modern modes of communication were down. Many of the Apple fans that I've known seemed to be flakes.

Last edited:
I'd rather spend the money on good quality food ingredients. For heavy computing, I prefer to use a desktop or muscular laptop. In several instances Ive been thankful to still have a land line when more modern modes of communication were down. Many of the Apple fans that I've known seemed to be flakes.

I can see them 20 years down the road wishing they had those dollars they spent on the latest and greatest IT equipment in order to be able to pay for medicine or food for their child. :angel:

Those are the people with the big screen TVs who need to make sure that everyone in the family has a cell phone to go with the food stamps.

I not only get food stamps but a free cell phone. Thank you American taxpayers. As an elderly person, I feel much safer when I leave my home. No I don't have the latest and greatest piece of IT equipment. But then I don't need it. I am happy with and grateful for what I do have. I do have a large screen TV thanks to my children. I certainly could't afford to buy one. Not on the less than $800 I get each month for income.

Did you hit a nerve chopper? You sure did. :angel:

I don't like the attitude that seems to be going around that those who need assistance are somehow dishonest cheats! It just seems so hateful. You never know where they get the things that they have, they could have very well been a gift.

My co-worker gets some assistance as a single mom. Her ex-husband (nice guy) let her stay on his cell plan and gives her his old phone when it is time to upgade, so she has a smartphone, but she didn't buy it and her ex-husband pays the bill (they are on one of the old Sprint super cheap plans).

Addie said:
I not only get food stamps but a free cell phone. Thank you American taxpayers. As an elderly person, I feel much safer when I leave my home. No I don't have the latest and greatest piece of IT equipment. But then I don't need it. I am happy with and grateful for what I do have. I do have a large screen TV thanks to my children. I certainly could't afford to buy one. Not on the less than $800 I get each month for income.

Did you hit a nerve chopper? You sure did. :angel:

Didn't mean to hit a nerve with you dear, just those folks that think they need to have the big screen TVs, the greatest new technologies, and still are using the government assistance. I didn't mean anything by it. Just making an observation. You are living within your means, and need the assistance. I truly understand that.

Didn't mean to hit a nerve with you dear, just those folks that think they need to have the big screen TVs, the greatest new technologies, and still are using the government assistance. I didn't mean anything by it. Just making an observation. You are living within your means, and need the assistance. I truly understand that.

Last month they cut back on the food stamps and monetary assistance. So if they are buying big ticket items, then I have the wrong worker. Also, those mothers with children that have a child one years old, regardless of the child's health, have to find a job or lose all assistance. The cost of looking for that job, comes out of their financial assistance. They just doubled the cost of public transportation. Tell me, would you like to leave your child with a babysitter if they had some debilitating illness?

Tell you what. You take $160 a month for food, and $1,000 for financial needs and try to support yourself and one child for a full month. Pay your rent/mortgage, utility bills, and other items not covered by food stamps. Soap powder, bleach, etc. During that month, your child broke their eye glasses and has a massive infection from a tooth that has a very large cavity. (Kid can't brush because you can't afford toothpaste or even a tooth brush.) No glasses are covered under the MassHealth Plan and there is no dental plan for those on "the dole." Pay for them out of your own pocket. Then at the end of the month, go buy that $700 iPhone that just came out. No, you can't put it on a credit card. You don't have one. Your income is not large enough to qualify you for one. Oh, one more thing. Kill off your spouse and you will get more money from SS based on their earnings. Your child would get a separate check. Then you can get more high tech goodies.

Last edited:
I don't like the attitude that seems to be going around that those who need assistance are somehow dishonest cheats! It just seems so hateful. You never know where they get the things that they have, they could have very well been a gift.

My co-worker gets some assistance as a single mom. Her ex-husband (nice guy) let her stay on his cell plan and gives her his old phone when it is time to upgade, so she has a smartphone, but she didn't buy it and her ex-husband pays the bill (they are on one of the old Sprint super cheap plans).

If it weren't for my kids, I would never make it to the end of the month. I give $10 every month out of my food stamps to the local food bank at the church just up the street. At the end of last month, more than 30 families went there for food to feed their kids. And these are working families. I wonder how many of them were in line for that $700 iPhone? :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom