"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-03-2006, 01:01 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

i can't stand the commercial for some chain restaurant where they're having a "bbq meat-fest".
each of 4 guys around a table grunt out the type of meat they ordered, like "beef", "pork" etc., then the 4th guys sings out "vegetable medley", and then gets embarassed, so he grunts out some other kind of meat.
i hate commercials that make guys look like idiots. we do a good enough job of it by ourselves, we don't need, and don't appreciate being reminded of it.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i can't stand the commercial for some chain restaurant where they're having a "bbq meat-fest".
each of 4 guys around a table grunt out the type of meat they ordered, like "beef", "pork" etc., then the 4th guys sings out "vegetable medley", and then gets embarassed, so he grunts out some other kind of meat.
i hate commercials that make guys look like idiots. we do a good enough job of it by ourselves, we don't need, and don't appreciate being reminded of it.

Saaaauuuusaage!! I'm sorry, but, I love that commercial. Not because it's guys, but, because of the lady that does it and then they say it back to her. I can just imagine how many time the wait staff get to here this on a daily basis.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I love that commercial Bucky !! The old lady kills me everytime !
Old 06-03-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Here on the East Coast, there was this Johnson And Whales commercial, it was a like 19yr old kid at a table, in a toque, and these hot chicks all swooning over him, all saying"ohhhhh you're a chefffffff"...couldn't stand that commercial,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And that burger King guy, he freaks me out, like clowns do.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #15
Master Chef

BigDog - I 2nd the animated diving woman in the Wheat Thins commercial as annoying. Again, I don't know why.

Boy, this kind of thing would make some sort of interesting psychological profile/marketing experiment, wouldn't it? Lol!!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #16
Master Chef

I know that it's not a food, well, for some people it is LOL
I HATE the Budweiser commercials where the guy has to withstand listening to his girlfriend talk girl talk and all the others like it.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Like most of you, I can't stand the Burger King "king." He just seems so sleazy.

Another one I can't stand is the "Soquids" one for Wendy's. I HATE that one!

Barbara
Old 06-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to 240brickman Send a message via Yahoo to 240brickman
I don't know which TV commercials get to all of you, in your respective necks of the woods, but there's one running currently for those "Hot Pockets" microwaveable things.

They've got the actors saying "this bread came out of the microwave? Get outta town, this is SO GOOD..." (also: "it tastes fresh-baked!")

What kind of idiot do they take me for? (no need to answer that, folks)

If I want meatballs on fresh bread, I will take some meatballs, and put them on fresh bread.

Geez, that makes me nuts!

There, I feel better now.

--J

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/103...75_1037746.jpg
240brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #19
Master Chef

Okay, I just saw what has to be the most disturbing food-related commercial yet. From the diet folks - "Nutrisystem".

It starts with this woman raving about how she's now a Size 2, & continues on with her joyously exclaiming that before she became a Size 2 she was ashamed of herself, particularly when she had to wear a bathing suit.

Now I ask you - how disgusting & absolutely denigrating is this commercial?? Not to mention positively harmful to people with eating disorders who really think this is the way they should look & feel.

I have to say that if I'm ever in my lifetime a Size 2, it will because I'm in the hospital dying from a terminal illness.

SHAME ON YOU NUTRISYSTEM!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:32 PM   #20
Head Chef

I knew my choice when I read the thread title but waited because it may not be "strictly" food related. Now that the evelope's been pushed a little, my vote for the most annoying, the worst jingle and absolutely the poorest taste advertising goes to the current Pepto-Bismol campaign.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote