Is Anyone following the Summer Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, there were so many other disappointments in this Olympics.
I'm watching the Grand Finale event, the marathon, and it did not finish in the Olympic Stadium??? What was that all about? It looked like any other local city marathon.

You know, there were so many other disappointments in this Olympics.
I'm watching the Grand Finale event, the marathon, and it did not finish in the Olympic Stadium??? What was that all about? It looked like any other local city marathon.

SO and I were discussing this on Saturday. There was an item saying the olympic organizers had a very shor time to prepare the stadium for the closing. I wondered how the last event of the olympics, the marathon, would finish in the stadium if they were ripping it apart for the close.

The games were as good as any. We got to see a lot of our country's athletes do well. The open/close - not so good.

I am glad they are over. I watched the events I was interested in. The opening ceremony was interesting. I understood the premise of it. The Closing? Not so great. I am not a rock band fan. Not even the music. They left out a whole generation of folks when they planned that. I think the opening ceremony at Beijing was breath taking. :ermm:

The closing ceremony is always meant as a party for the young athletes so I had no qualms with the music choices, but I certainly missed Sir Elton John. It seems he got into some kind of a power conflict, and either opted out or was excluded.
Beats me, the whoopla with the British High Fashion Models strutting around after making entrances on their billboard trucks. Who cares? It was laughable with some shots of the athletes. as were puzzled over that too.

With the exception of both ceremonies, I really enjoyed much of the Olympics, most especially the Women's USA beach volleyball teams. It just doesn't get better than USA vs. USA !!:clap:

Our local news announced that Sir Elton and Sir Paul would be there, they were wrong. I did enjoy the shots of Prince Harry.

I was only able to watch the games through the local network channels so I missed most of the 'obscure' events I would have loved to have seen.
The networks concentrated on US athletes and Telemundo with their mostly Latin athletes, which is completely understandable.
I did not see a minute of weight lifting, for instance, unless NBC aired it at 3am.... Bummer... :)

I watched the women's weight lifting one night, it was on very late, but was fascinating. These women were lifting barbells that looked to be twice their size.

Several sports this year that I'd never heard of or seen before!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom