"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-12-2012, 02:10 AM   #191
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
... Horses are dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It is a matter of trust between the rider and the horse. And the knowledge each has of the other.
A lot of accolades for someone that said they are dumb

I certainly have a lot of respect for anyone that hops on an animal, and commands the respect OF that animal, to go out, and work as a team. It's pretty amazing, imo. To classify it as a "sport", doesn't seem wrong, but now that I think about it, it's certainly not like a SPORT, like say Rugby(returning in the 2016 Olympics). It's certainly an AWESOME collaboration between human, and animal, and I have respect for both.

This was a pretty neat link relating to the Rhythmic Gymnastics. . . I hate to admit it, but I watched some while napping off and on this afternoon, mainly because the remote was out of reach, and I was deeply engaged in my role of Captain Lazy.

21 Reasons Olympic Rhythmic Gymnastics Is Cooler Than You Think

Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #192
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
But, if I got on her I could have her running rings and jumping. Something she only did when she was in MY control and I could not have done it as well on my own.

oh, i'm sure you could have jumped and run rings just as well on your own two feet...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #193
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sunday
Thanks Andy...it is Sunday here today...so UK Sunday will be now, our Sunday night
Old 08-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #194
Master Chef

I was watching beach volleyball and realized that just about the entire Olympics is about taking a perfectly fun activity and pushing it to the extreme. It changes from something to do on a summer afternoon into work and business. I still like watching it but sometimes I wonder what these folks do for fun!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #195
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
I was watching beach volleyball and realized that just about the entire Olympics is about taking a perfectly fun activity and pushing it to the extreme. It changes from something to do on a summer afternoon into work and business. I still like watching it but sometimes I wonder what these folks do for fun!
I hear ya loud and clear. I find that people who are involved in sports, go way overboard. Even if they aren't training for competition. The food they eat, the clothing to show of their body, attending every sports event, etc. They seem to be unable to even hold a conversation without bringing sports into it. And it isn't just men. Women are just as bad. "Sorry, I can't meet you for lunch. I go running on my lunch hour." They bring a duffel bag to work with their running clothes and shoes. They bring a lunch with them that is full of alfalfa. Feed for horses. Their idea of a date is to attend a sports event. Then after instead of going for a drink, they sit and dissect every move the two opponents made.

Sports fanatics, do me a favor. Don't every come to visit me. You are not well rounded people.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #196
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
oh, i'm sure you could have jumped and run rings just as well on your own two feet...

Then I could have, yes This was in the very remote past...our career both working and show circuit (rodeo) ended between the headlights of the dairy tanker. I just didn't have the heart to train another horse and I was just then considering that boys were more interesting than horses.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #197
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
...I was just then considering that boys were more interesting than horses.
...and we're usually smarter.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #198
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
...and we're usually smarter.
Usually...after the first go 'round I doubted my intelligence...
Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #199
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just watched the team rhythmic gymnastics, wow! Absolutely gorgeous.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #200
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Just watched the team rhythmic gymnastics, wow! Absolutely gorgeous.
I'm not gonna lie. . .the link that I posted just a few posts up got me thinking, so I did watch some of it, and wow. The choreography aspect is pretty amazing, and the apparatuses they use, while they seem silly, it does command some serious skill to get it to all come together.